ROCKVILLE, Md., March 11 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Carolyn M. Clancy, M.D., director of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, today announced the appointment of three new members of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Susan Curry, Ph.D., of Iowa City; Joy Melnikow, M.D., M.P.H., of Sacramento; and Wanda Nicholson, M.D., M.P.H., M.B.A., of Baltimore will join the Task Force this month.
The Task Force, which is sponsored by AHRQ, consists of 16 health care experts in the specialties of family medicine, pediatrics, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, geriatrics, preventive medicine, public health, behavioral medicine and nursing.
Dr. Curry is the dean of the College of Public Health and distinguished professor of health management and policy at the
Dr. Melnikow is a professor in the Department of Family and Community Medicine and associate director of the Center for Healthcare Policy and Research at the
SOURCE Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. HHS Announces $75 Million in Supplemental Funding to States for Pandemic Flu Preparedness
2. CRC Health Group Announces Acquisition of Bayside Marin Recovery Center, San Rafael
3. UHW Announces: Antelope Valley Hospital Caregivers and Board Vote to Ratify First Union Contract With SEIU UHW-West
4. HEI, Inc. Announces Sale of RFID Division Assets
5. Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Ltd. Announces FDA Approval to Market Generic Version of Zyloprim(R)
6. Mettler-Toledo International Inc. Announces Webcast of Presentation at Thomas Weisel Partners 2007 Healthcare Conference
7. Z Trim Announces Revocation of Gregory Halpern Severence Agreement
8. Brooke Franchise Corporation Announces Selected July Results
9. Manor Care, Inc. Announces Record Date for Special Stockholder Meeting
10. Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Ltd. Announces FDA Approval to Market Generic Version of Adipex-P(R)
11. Planet Technologies Announces Agreement to Acquire Antigen Laboratories