February 6 Media Information for Smile Kentucky!
Parking is available along Preston Street. Enter the Dental School through the main entrance.
Check in at the volunteer desk. Best time to arrive is between 9 and Noon.
For more information regarding Smile Kentucky! visit www.smilekentucky.com or contact Kelley Dearing Smith, Louisville Water Company at 502-569-3600 x2436, cell 502-533-5052 or ksmith(at)lwcky(dot)com.
Treatment Day, February 6
- Over 350 children with no dental insurance or government assistance receive free dental treatment
- 3,600 children at 29 schools initially screened
- On average, 33% of children screened in Smile Kentucky! have obvious tooth decay
- Value of the treatment and follow-up care will exceed $100,000
- To make treatment day possible it takes: 160 dental chairs; 100 dentists, hygienists, U of L faculty, staff and students; 200 volunteers for transportation, food, care, educational activities, x-rays and paperwork
Bullitt: Lebanon Junction, Mt. Washington, Old Mill and Pleasant Grove
Jefferson County: Atkinson, Auburndale, Bates, Blake, Cochran, Fairdale, Greathouse, Indian Trail, Jeffersontown, Klondike, Shawnee Newcomers' Academy, Watterson and Wilt
Henry County: Campbellsburg, Eastern, New Castle and Eminence Independent
Oldham County: Crestwood, Kenwood and LaGrange
Spencer County: Spencer County Elementary, Spencer County Middle and Taylorsville Elementary
Trimble County: Bedford and
Copyright©2009 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved