SANFORD, Fla., May 11 /PRNewswire/ -- .decimal, leading manufacturer of patient-specific medical devices, gains 510k clearance to release the software necessary for the delivery of Bolus Electron Conformal Therapy (Bolus ECT(TM)), an advanced form of patient-specific electron therapy. Treating with bolus ECT will be available to users of all three of the major treatment planning systems: CMS XiO(TM), Varian Eclipse(TM) and Philips Pinnacle3(TM).
510k clearance to market the device makes it possible for cancer treatment centers in the United States to begin ordering, installing and using .decimal's propriety software, p.d, for bolus ECT. "We are now actively marketing bolus electron conformal therapy, and the response from institutions across the United States has been overwhelming as they begin to see the value to their patients through this innovative technology," says Mark Mills, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing at .decimal.
.decimal is the sole manufacturer of the bolus, as well as the sole software provider for bolus ECT planning.
Richard Sweat, President and CEO of the company explains, "The commercial availability of bolus electron conformal therapy is another example of our commitment to providing our customers with innovative treatment solutions and their patients with the best individualized electron treatment available in the world."
Bolus ECT can create favorable dose distributions for certain tumors of the chest wall, breast or head and neck, when a tumor volume has spread out near the patient surface and rendered other treatment problematic for a variety of reasons. Bolus ECT was first used at the
SOURCE .decimal, Inc.
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. iCardiac's Highly Automated QT(sm) Technology Cross-Validated Against Results from Five Leading ECG Core Laboratories
2. Shareholder Class Action Filed Against Sequenom, Inc. by the Law Firm of Barroway Topaz Kessler Meltzer & Check, LLP
3. Grey Ribbon Crusade(TM) Promotes National Unification in the Fight Against Brain Tumors
4. Obama Administration Rules Against Californias Proposed Wage Cuts to Homecare Workers
5. NABP Position Paper Calls for Action Against Proliferation of Rogue Internet Drug Outlets
6. Charges Filed Against WellCare Health Plans, Inc.; WellCare Enters Into Deferred Prosecution Agreement, Agrees to Pay $80 Million in Restitution and Forfeiture
7. Research opens up new horizons to the design of customized medicines against breast cancer
8. Viroblock SA Reports a 99% Boost of Efficacy of Facemasks Against H5N1
9. Oust(R) Surface Disinfectant & Air Sanitizer Effective Against H1N1
10. Federal District Judge Dismisses Antitrust Lawsuit Against Batesville Casket Company
11. Instrumentation Laboratory Wins Patent Infringement and Unfair Competition Trial Against Diagnostica Stago Relating to Reagents for Hemostasis Diagnostics