The author deeply appreciates the support of Paul Lemke in the course of this investigation.
1. Armaleo, D., Ye, G. N., Klein, T. M., Shark, K. B., Sanford, J. C. and Johnston, S. A., Biolistic nuclear transformation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae and other fungi, Curr. Genet., 17, 97-103 (1990).
2. Bailey, A. M., Mena, G. L. and Herrera-Estrella L., Transformation of four Phytophthora spp by microprojectile bombardment of intact mycelia, Curr. Genet., 23, 42-46 (1993).
3. Ballance, D. J., Buxton F. P. and Turner, G., Transformation of Aspergillus nidulans by the ornithine-5-phosphate decarboxylase gene of Neurospora crassa, Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm., 112, 284-289 (1983).
4. Bennett, J. W. and Klich, M. A., Aspergillus: biology and industrial applications, Butterworth-Heinemann, Stoneham, M. A., pp. 21-23 (1992).
5. Bhairi, S. M. and Staples, R. C., Transient expression of the β-glucuronidase gene introduced into Uromyces appendiculatus uredospores by particle bombardment, Phytopathology, 82, 986-989 (1992).
6. Bills, S. N., Richter, D. L. and Podila, G. K., Genetic transformation
of the ectomycorrhizal fungus Paxillus involutus by particle bombardment,