In addition, we addressed throughput scalability with a method that allows the user to select whether the Premix source will be a microcentrifuge tube or a column reservoir. Using IF/THEN type method control, at the beginning of the method a user can specify the Premix source container. For low throughput situations, the user may choose to use only a single microcentrifuge tube, while for higher throughput applications the user can specify a column reservoir with a higher capacity. Even higher capacity reservoirs would be simple to include in the method, however, we choose to do all our work in a single temperature controlled reservoir which has both tube and column options available. The enzyme in the Premix is the most costly component of the TempliPhi kit, and temperature control of the Premix is necessary to maintain enzyme activity.
Timing comparison results are presented for 96-well plate format for both tube and reservoir sources of Premix.
Materials and Methods
Liquid Handler (Sciclone ALH 3000 with software version 3.1.14, firmware version 1.14 [CaliperLS]). The Sciclone was equipped with the following:
- Low Volume Head (P/N 103453/0)
- 96 Mandrel Array (P/N 103969/1)
- Press Station (P/N 104826/0)
- Z-8 Pipettor (P/N 102425/C)
- Temperature-Controlled Locator (P/N 103412)
- Temperature-Controlled Locator Block (P/N 103481), includes 3 column reservoirs and holds 12 microcentrifuge tubes.
Thermocycler (MJ Research PTC-200)
Capillary Sequencer (Amersham BioSciences MegaBACE 1000)
Related biology technology :
1. RNAqueous-96 RNA Isolation Kit Automation Protocol
2. Automation of TempliPhi and GenomiPhi DNA Amplification Kits on the Genesis Freedom Robotic Sample Processor
3. Automation of the Eppendorf Perfectprep BAC 96 DNA Kit on the Caliper Life Sciences Sciclone ALH 3000
4. Purified Single-Stranded M13 DNA for Automated Sequencing
5. Automated Fluorescent-Tag Cycle Sequencing
6. Eppendorf Mastercycler ABI Big Dye Sequencing Protocol
7. QuickLane 24 - 48 Hour Sequencing
8. cDNA Sequencing & Finishing
9. Comparison of PCR Kleen Spin Columns to Traditional Methods for Purification of PCR Products Prior to Sequencing, Rev A
10. Quantitation of DNA for Automated Sequencing Using the VersaFluor Fluorometer
11. Application-Specific PVDF Membranes: Immun-Blot PVDF Membrane for Western Blotting and Sequi-Blot PVDF Membrane for Protein Sequencing, Rev C