Peter Stockhausen didnt hesitate when asked what hed like to be doing if he wasnt in information technology. Business consultant or strategic consultant was his quick answer.
It shows in his approach as CIO at Manpower North America. Peter gets the technology and its potential for business efficiency and advantage; he just talks more about the business than the technology.
Full article >>>
order information, which was then passed off to the appropriate local office. Without advertising this capability, they did over $2 million of new business with new customers who discovered the link on their home page.
With Peters natural inclination towards a business-like approach, one might expect a lot of talk about the internal customers of IT, but in fact Peter shies away from that ......Full article >>>
s around the world.
Whether looking at new technologies or responding to changes in IT, Peters first instinct is to go looking for the value to the business.
The shift toward a more global IT function has created some challenges as functions such as the enterprise data model and architecture are shifted from his organization to the global IT shop. However, Pet......Full article >>>
.5em 0">Q&A with Peter Stockhausen
Whats the latest book youve read?
His Excellency: George Washington
, by Joseph Ellis
The Simple Truth
, by David Baldacci
, by Sarah Bradford
What magazines do you read regularly?
Harvard Business Review, Sloan Management Review, CIO
What web sites do you visit regularl......
Full article >>>
Source:wistechnology.com By Byron Glick 02/16/05
Related biology technology :
1. CIO Leadership Series: Peter Strombom, Meriter Hospital
2. Peters: Innovation the only edge that remains for American business
3. Praise for the principles of Peter
4. Investor profile: Peter M. Skanavis, tech angel, sees investing as civic duty
5. While schools combat low tech enrollment, are businesses contributing to IT workforce woes?
6. CIOs focus on the business case while facing authority erosion
7. Speaker announces business members of IT Task Force
8. The business case for software applications
9. Turbo Tax Online can teach new Web concepts a business lesson
10. What does business want from the schools? Some answers may be surprising
11. Connectures Maynard finds IT business opportunity in adversity