satile tool for pharmacological and drug screening laboratories and has proven to be suitable for kinetic, cell-based fluorometric assays, such as the measurement of intracellular calcium. Additionally, FlexStation benefits from the ability to use ratiometric dyes to help improve data fidelity, although the Molecular Devices homogeneous assay kits have been shown to achieve the same goal with fewer steps in the assay.
Many thanks to Dr. Frank Hafner for his valuable opinion and consulting contribution in this study.
1. Berridge, M.J. (1997). Elementary and global aspects of calcium signalling. J. Physiol., 499, 291 - 306.
2. Haughland, R.P. (2000). Molecular Probes Handbook of Fluorescent Probes and Research Chemicals. Chapter 20 - Indicators for Ca2+, Mg2+, Zn2+ and Other Metal Ions.
3. Endogenous GPCR List by Agi Schonbrunn, Ph.D. Department of Integrative Biology, Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas. (http://www.tumor-gene.org/GPCR/gpcr.html)
4. Strassheim, D. and Williams, C.L. (2000). P2Y2 Purinergic and M3 Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptors Activate Different Phospholipase C- Isoforms That Are Uniquely Susceptible to Protein Kinase C-dependent Phosphorylation and Inactivation. J. Biol. Chem., 275, 39767-39772.
5. Conant, A.R. et al (1998). Characterization of the P2 receptors on the human umbilical vein endothelial cell line ECV304. Br. J. Pharmacol., 125, 357-364.
6. Communi, D., Robaye, B. & Boeynaems, J.M. (1999). Pharmacological characterization of the human P2Y11 receptor. Br. J. Pharmacol., 128, 1199-1206.
7. LPage: All 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Related biology technology :1
. Versatile Reporter Vectors for Monitoring Viral Transduction2
. Monitoring transfection efficiency by
green fluorescent protein (GFP) detection
with the Agilent 2100 bioanalyzer3
. Monitoring Microbial Populations Using Real-Time qPCR on the MJ Research Opticon 2 System4
. Monitoring Bacterial Genetic Diversity in a Freshwater Lake Using TTGE and DNA Sequence Analysis5
. Direct Monitoring of Solid-Phase Peptide Synthesis by MALDI-TOF MS6
. Monitoring fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET) between GFP
fusions in lysates of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae using the
. New statistical algorithms for Monitoring Gene Expression on GeneChip® Probe Arrays8
. Detect Single Nucleotide Sequence Changes with Mx4000 Molecular Beacon
Allelic Discrimination Kits9
. Low Abundance cDNA Cloned Using Stratagenes Human Universal
. Oil-Free PCR Using the Hot Top Assembly11
. Functional Cloning Using
ViraPort Retroviral cDNA Expression Libraries