Of course, factors such as substrate concentration and metabolite build-up can also be limiting, but these are often more controllable than the inherent physical limitations of the fermentor.
The BioFlo 110 system allowed for the growth of insect cells to high density: 26.4 x 106 cell/ml (91 g/L DCW).
Inclusion of a BioFlo 110 Gas Mix Controller, standard with our Advanced Cell Culture Kit, has the ability to mix the four gases according to culture needs and further enhances the final cell-density.
With the above in mind, we view the high final cell density of 26.4 x 106 cell/ml as proof of the very good fundamental capabilities of the BioFlo 110 system.
Temperature control was excellent using un-chilled (12.8C) tap water as the coolant.
DO and pH control was excellent and remained constant at setpoint.
Overall, with our protocol, the BioFlo 110 system performed extremely well. The BioFlo 110 Advanced Cell Culture Kit is a highly suitable instrument for growing insect cell cultures.
More About Spin Filters
What is a Spin Filter?
A spin filter is a simple device that allows you to refresh media while retaining cells in the vessel.
Why should you use a Spin Filter?
When you are running a perfusion process, the object is to cultivate the highest yield possible. The spin filter is an efficient means to retain cells in the vessel, encouraging continued growth while media is exchanged.
Related biology technology :
1. Preparative Nondenaturing Gel Electrophoresis Used in the Purification of an Esterase Involved in Insecticide Resistance, Rev C
2. Identification of Insecticides and Herbicides by LC/MS/MS Using the API 2000 LC/MS/MS System
3. Big Blue Rodent Cell Cultures for Mutagenesis Studies
4. Simple Isolation of RNA from Tissue and Cultured Cells
5. The QIAGEN Guide to Animal Cell Culture
6. The QIAGEN Guide to Animal Cell Culture
7. The QIAGEN Guide to Animal Cell Culture
8. The QIAGEN Guide to Animal Cell Culture
9. The QIAGEN Guide to Animal Cell Culture
10. The QIAGEN Guide to Animal Cell Culture
11. RNAi in Non-Mammalian Cultured Cells