*Note: Connect Nitrogen to the N2 gas inlet. On "2-Gas" screen, set mode to manual. Set N2 to 100.
2. Setting the "Span".
a. Set the agitation rate of 500 RPM and agitation mode PID.
b. Vigorously sparge air or oxygen into the vessel via the filter on the head plate until the display is stable for approximately 10 minutes (this may take up to 30 minutes).
c. Set the function to "Span".
d. Set the display to read 100 by setting "Span" to 10
APPENDIX B -- BIOFLO III PROBES
pH ELECTRODE PROBE CALIBRATION
pH probe is to be calibrated prior to autoclaving vessel.
1. Connect electrode to probe cable.
2. Turn the agitation switch OFF.
3. Turn ON power switch.
Note: The pH measuring system is calibrated using two buffer solutions of a known pH.
1. Set the selector switch to pH.
2. Set the mode switch to "ZERO".
3. Immerse the pH probe into an external pH 7.00 buffer solution.
4. Set the display to read the pH valu