The Ettan™ DIGE Imager (Fig 1) is a scanning CCD camera designed for applications in the life sciences. In particular, it has been engineered to create high quality images of 2-D DIGE gels. By combining high resolution with precise motion control, the Ettan DIGE Imager produces accurate multichannel images of your Cy™2-, Cy3-, and Cy5-labeled gel. The system has also been designed to image a wide range of other fluorescent gel applications, and can be used with the new ECL Plex™ Western Blotting System.
The imager is controlled from the Ettan DIGE Imager software, and can be set up for a variety of gel formats. Results from the Ettan DIGE Imager are directly compatible with ImageQuant™ TL, ImageMaster™ 2D Platinum, and DeCyder™ 2-D Differential Analysis (DeCyder 2-D) Software.
ImageMaster 2D Platinum v6.0 comes in two flavors: DIGE and non-DIGE. The newly developed DIGE-enabled version of the software comprises powerful and versatile tools for the analysis of images from DIGE experiments. Together with the Ettan DIGE Imager, ImageMaster 2D Platinum v6.0, DeCyder 2-D v6.5, and DeCyder Extended Data Analysis (EDA) Software create a powerful platform of image capture and analysis tools that offers flexibility, versatility, and adaptability for protein profiling.
Ettan DIGE Imager features
• High sensitivity for imaging faint spots
• Software-selectable wavelengths
• Filter bandwidth optimized to minimize crosstalk
• Adjustable exposure level to optimize sensitivity
• Fast scanning for increased throughput
• Full 16 bits/pixel depth for accurate quantitation
• Sealed environment for scanning and protecting wet samples from drying