The basic system consists of a vessel, a Primary Control Unit for entering and displaying process parameters, and a Power Module to control temperature, agitation and pumps.
Advanced Fermentation Kits include additional modules for pH/DO and foam/level control, as well as a pump module consisting of four pumps for feeding/harvesting operations in batch, fed-batch or perfusion modes. Advanced Cell Culture Kits further add a Gas Mix controller.
All process parameters are entered and displayed on the systems Primary Control Unit (PCU). The PCU is capable of simultaneously controlling up to four individual vessels, and displaying up to 32 parameters in English, French, Spanish, or German. BioCommand Plus, a PC-compatible data acquisition and control package, is also available for comparing historical data, trend graphing, and validation support.
CELL CULTURE RUNS
Used an Advanced Cell Culture Kit with 3.0-L water-jacketed vessel, magnetic drive and a spin-filter impeller. BioCommand software was also used to control feeding and collect data. See Table 2.
Used an Advanced Fermentation Kit with direct-drive motor and 7.5L heat-blanketed vessel. BioCommand software was also used to control feeding and collect data. See Table 3.
Related biology technology :
1. Inoculation, Growth & Harvesting in a New Easy-to-Use Disposable Cell Culture System
2. The DIG System Nonradioactive Automated High-Throughput In Situ Hybridization: a Powerful Tool for Functional Genomics Research
3. Quantitation of the Protein MIA as a Marker for Chondrocytes in Research Samples
4. Control Your siRNA Research
5. Getting Started with MicroRNA Research
6. Monitoring Microbial Populations Using Real-Time qPCR on the MJ Research Opticon 2 System
7. Proteomics in Bladder Cancer Research: Protein Profiling of Bladder Squamous Cell Carcinomas, Rev C
8. Research Organics
9. A Robust LC/MS/MS Method for the Quantitation of Very Long Chain Fatty Acids for Research into the Characterization of Peroxisomal Disorders
10. A new LC/MS/MS Research Method for Rapid Quantitation of Five Immunosuppressant Drugs, including Mycophenolic Acid (MPA)
11. Research Tools for Analysis of ZAP-70