Greater Madison technology businesses now number 475, with life science companies being the largest cluster within the group, according to the 2006 Greater Madison Area Directory of High-Tech Companies published by Madison Gas & Electric Co.
The directory, which will be released next week, profiles 475 te......Full article >>>
g part of Greater Madison's high-tech industry. In addition to generic biotechnology, this cluster includes companies involved in medical biotech, agricultural biotech, pharmaceutical development, and contract research and development. Since the 2005 directory was published, the University of Wisconsin-Madison was chosen by the National Institutes of Health to house the nation's first National Ste......Full article >>>
From 1995 to 2005, the number of technology firms listed in the directory rose from 325 to more than 475, a 46% increase or 4.6 percent on an average annual basis.
Perhaps even more telling, high-tech employment grew from 15,000 in 1995 to more than 26,500 jobs, a 77 percent increase or a 7.7 percent annual increase over that 10-year period. Those 26,500 jobs represent about 9 ......Full article >>>
s, among other resources.
The MG&E directory is available in both print and PDF formats. Purchase it online through the Wisconsin Technology Network, or contact the MG&E economic development office to order through the mail. The directory is sponsored by MG&E and the City of Madison......
Full article >>>
Source:wistechnology.com By Joe Vanden Plas 04/19/06
Related biology technology :
1. Greater Amplification Specificity with New Hot Start PCR Enzyme
2. Enjoy a Greater Sense of Security
with PCR-Grade Water
3. Japan, Midwest Biotechnology Industry Leaders Identify Steps for Greater Collaboration Between Countries
4. UW-Madison to receive $125M for bioenergy research center
5. Madison tech college to host Girl Tech 2007
6. Madison energy firm lands $275K foreign grant
7. Madison to receive funding as part of $60M solar energy program
8. Madison start-up Central Signal gets $350K grant
9. Three finalists named for UW-Madison CIO
10. Madison stem cell company gets $1M from state
11. Purchase of Madison broadband network may bring improved service