Mr. Walker continued, "iPierian greatly appreciates and recognizes the significance of the support of stem cell research by the voters of the State of California. CIRM funding of this program will enable us to advance the science and our understanding of cellular reprogramming. CIRM's overall research funding enhances California's leadership in applying stem cell research to the discovery of new therapeutics and the potential of finding new treatment regimens for many diseases for which no effective treatments yet exist."
iPierian is a South San Francisco-based biopharmaceutical company focused on the industrialization of induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) technology with the mission of creating new therapeutics through cellular reprogramming and directed differentiation of patient cells. iPierian is backed by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Highland Capital Partners, MPM Capital and FinTech Global Capital. The initial focus of the company is in neurodegeneration, particularly spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and Parkinson's disease, in addition to metabolic disease. Our internationally-renowned scientific founders include leaders of the Harvard Stem Cell Institute and the Gladstone Institute, whose diverse professional expertise support and inform the company's scientific direction, Drs. George Daley, Douglas Melton and Lee Rubin, who are also faculty members at Harvard University, and Dr. Deepak Srivastava'/>"/>
SOURCE iPierian, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. iPierian to Collaborate With Johns Hopkins University on $3.7 Million NIH Grand Opportunities Grant
2. iPierian Appoints Dr. Matthew J. Plunkett as Chief Financial Officer
3. iZumi Bio and Pierian Merge to Form iPierian to Advance Cellular Reprogramming
4. Paul Goodfellow, PhD, Awarded First GCF/Claudia Cohen Prize for Outstanding Gynecologic Cancer Researcher
5. 5th Annual Szent-Gyorgyi Prize for Progress in Cancer Research Awarded to Peter K. Vogt, Ph.D., The Scripps Research Institute
6. Shanghai ChemPartners Animal Facility Awarded AAALAC Accreditation
7. AFFiRiS AG: Vaccination Against Hypertension is Development Project No. 4 and has Already Been Awarded an FFG Grant of up to EUR 1.2 Million
8. TEI Biosciences PriMatrix(TM) Awarded Seal of Approval by American Podiatric Medical Association
9. Intralink-Spine Inc. Awarded $750,000 Small Business Innovation Research Phase II Grant
10. Palmer Labs Awarded U.S. Department of Energy Funding for Algae Biofuel Research
11. Prometheus Research Awarded National Science Foundation Grant for Easy to Use, Web-Enabled Database Software