Simard added that "In the biosimilar space cost competitiveness is going to be crucial to the success of these products. Market share is going to be driven by the ability to provide these products to the end user at lower costs than the competitor's. Developers capable of dramatically reducing cost of goods and establishing innovative distribution strategies will ultimately be able to dominate the biosimilar market. We believe XBiotech is well positioned to take advantage of this opportunity."
XBiotech is pioneering breakthrough therapies that improve the safety and efficacy of antibody therapeutics. The Company's lead product candidate inhibits chronic sterile inflammation by targeting IL-1α, a master regulator of inflammation. The clinical development program addresses tremendous unmet medical need in multiple disease indications including, acne, psoriasis, cachexia, cancer, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. XBiotech is also revolutionizing scalable, flexible manufacturing systems for the production of biological therapies. Using minimal infrastructure and disposable bioreactor technology – to dramatically reduce capital requirements, operating complexity, and lead times - the Company has established a compelling commercialization path for therapeutic antibodies. For more information on how XBiotech is advancing human monoclonal antibody therapy please visit www.xbiotech.com.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. XBiotech Announces Positive Phase II Clinical Trial Results for Lead Candidate MABp1 in Acne Vulgaris
2. RF Technologies expands product offering with RTLS
3. Life Technologies Acquires BAC BV, Expands Capabilities in Bioprocessing
4. Superlift Expands Line of Stainless Steel Powered Pallet Trucks
5. UMBC Expands Offerings at The Universities at Shady Grove with Biotechnology Graduate Program
6. 1DegreeBio Expands its Product Review Platform Across Life Sciences
7. Genuine Bio-Fuel Inc. Expands Operations to Puerto Rico
8. Rhythm Expands Series B Financing to $33 Million; Adds Pfizer Ventures as an Investor
9. H3 Biomedicine Expands Cambridge Facilities, Doubles Employee Base as Scientific Program Advances
10. Medical Marijuana, Inc. Portfolio Company CanChew BioTechnologies Inc. Updates and Expands Free Product Trial
11. Why Texas is #1 in Business: Local BioTech Company Expands