PUYALLUP, Wash., March 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Western Institutional Review Board® (WIRB™), the world's leading provider of ethical review of clinical research, announced today the launch of its WIRB NIH Single Review SolutionTM (SRS) for NIH-funded multi-site research. As the long-standing leader in supporting IRB reviews among its 2,300 institution clients, WIRB has an extensive background in reviewing clinical trials funded by NIH. Building upon our trusted status as the IRB of record for the majority of institutions that conduct clinical research in the US, our WIRB NIH Single Review Solution will provide participating institutions the gold standard of research review that has made WIRB the trusted leader to institutions for over 40 years.
Starting in September of 2017, NIH's new policy directing a Single Review Mandate for multicenter clinical trials becomes effective. This mandate applies to research funded by NIH and is intended to improve the overall efficiency of managing clinical research grants. The WIRB NIH Single Review Solution assures that participating institutions will comply with the requirements of the NIH Single Review Mandate without the expense and challenges of establishing a central IRB. The advantages of this affordable and easy-to-implement solution includes: WIRB review and oversight, coordination of site submissions and vital communications, accurate budgeting for IRB review of multi-year studies, all accompanied by the support of our review professionals who will ease the administrative burdens on your study staff by providing the necessary coordination and communication with all of the participating sites. WIRB has combined the trusted track record of its people, process, and technology, in providing one solution to make it less burdensome for investigators and institutions to plan, submit, and conduct their NIH-funded studies as efficiently, compliantly, and safely as possible.
"Most Academic Medical Centers and participating institutions may have a steep learning curve to fully comply with the NIH single-IRB review mandate," said Stuart Horowitz, PhD, MBA, President of Institutions for the WIRB-Copernicus IRB Group. "We have developed the WIRB NIH Single Review Solution specifically to help participating organizations comply with the new policy and to understand the myriad issues inherent in acting as the IRB of record on these grants – a service WIRB has been providing institutions since 1968."
For more information about WIRB's NIH Single Review Solution, visit www.wirbsinglereview.com.
About Western IRB
Founded in 1968, WIRB was the first independent review board and the pioneer of ethical review. It is now the trusted partner for more than 2,300 institutions in the U.S. alone. Western IRB is a member of the WIRB-Copernicus IRB Group® (WCG™) is one of the world's leading providers of solutions that measurably improve the quality and efficiency of clinical research. WCG enables biopharmaceutical companies, CROs, and institutions to accelerate the delivery of new treatments and therapies to patients, while maintaining the highest standards of human subject protections.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/western-irb-establishes-single-irb-solution-to-help-institutions-comply-with-new-mandate-for-nih-funded-research-300426097.html
Related biology technology :
1. Western Blotting Market Worth 730.7 Million USD by 2021
2. MediVet Biologics to Host Biologics Symposium at Western Veterinary Conference
3. Northwestern Medical Group Launches Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery Program
4. DuPont Pioneer Investing in Developing Ultra-Early Maturity Hybrids for Western Canada
5. New Batch Centrifuge by Western States Provides Greater Accuracy for the Chemical Industry
6. West Coast Bird Dog Champion Wins US Bird Dog Association Western States National Flushing Champion with the help of Stem Cell Therapy by VetStem.
7. Global Blood Screening (Nucleic Acid Amplification Test, ELISA, Rapid Test, Chemiluminescence Immunoassay, Next Generation Sequencing, Western Blotting) Market 2015-2019
9. RBJ Advises Shire in 202,000 SF Lease, Creating Bostons Largest Suburban Biotech Campus
10. Transwestern?RBJ Advises Shire in 202,000 SF Lease, Creating Bostons Largest Suburban Biotech Campus
11. Insight Product Development Gives Northwestern University Students Foundation for Innovation Success