GENEVA, February 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Viroblock SA, a start-up dedicated to developing and commercializing a new generation of anti-viral products, today announced that Dr. Jamie Paterson will join Viroblock as Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Jamie Paterson, a British national, can look back at 20 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Prior to joining Viroblock he was Chief Commercial Officer at Neurim Pharmaceuticals. During his 18 years at Procter & Gamble he held several positions with increasing responsibility including Marketing Manager Italy and Commercial Director Spain. His final position at P&G was European Director of Strategic Planning and New Business Development - Rx & OTC. Jamie holds a PhD in Biochemistry from Imperial College, University of London.
"I welcome Jamie as our new CEO and I am pleased to concentrate my activities to further demonstrate scientifically the potential of our technology in several viral indications" said Thierry Pelet who is one the co-founders of the company. Thierry will assume the position of Chief Science Officer (CSO).
Viroblock further announced that it has completed its second round of equity funding. The Series B financing round was led by Fongit Seed Invest SA. Peter Pfister, Initiative Capital Romandie SA (managed by DEFI Gestion) and BlueOcean Ventures acted as co-investors.
"With Jamie and Thierry we have a strong leadership team with proven
business skills and accomplished scientific know-how. This team equipped with
the additional funding can now start developing our first anti-viral
products, which will bring the company to the next level, said Peter
SOURCE Viroblock SA
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Viroblock SA Reports Positive Results of Preclinical Studies in Antiviral Nasal Spray
2. CSOFT's MedL10N Hires Beckman Coulter Veteran Tammy Werner
3. Professional Reprographics Hires Recent Cal Poly Grad to Join their Team
4. Zeus Expands International Support With New Hires
5. Derma Sciences, Inc. Hires the Investor Relations Group
6. Mirixa Corporation Announces Key New Hires
7. Oppenheimer Announces the Addition of Several Recent Senior Hires in Investment Banking
8. Campbell Alliance Hires Joe Dillon, Expands Business Development Practice
9. AcelRx Pharmaceuticals Hires Mark Evashenk as Vice President of Clinical Operations
10. Bio-Matrix Scientific Group Announces New Hires to Management Team
11. Artemis Health Hires Richard Rava, Ph.D., as Senior Vice President of Research and Development