NEW YORK, Oct. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
The Vaccine Partnering Terms and Agreements report provides comprehensive understanding and unprecedented access to the vaccine partnering deals and agreements entered into by the worlds leading healthcare companies.
The report provides a detailed understanding and analysis of how and why companies enter vaccine partnering deals. The majority of deals are discovery or development stage whereby the licensee obtains a right or an option right to license the licensors vaccine technology. These deals tend to be multicomponent, starting with collaborative R&D, and commercialization of outcomes. The report also includes adjuvant deals and alliances.
Understanding the flexibility of a prospective partner's negotiated deals terms provides critical insight into the negotiation process in terms of what you can expect to achieve during the negotiation of terms. Whilst many smaller companies will be seeking details of the payments clauses, the devil is in the detail in terms of how payments are triggered – contract documents provide this insight where press releases do not.
This report contains over 1,500 links to online copies of actual vaccine deals and contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners. Contract documents provide the answers to numerous questions about a prospective partner's flexibility on a wide range of important issues, many of which will have a significant impact on each party's ability to derive value from the deal.
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of vaccine dealmaking and business activities. Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report, whilst chapter 2 provides an overview of the trends in vaccine dealmaking since 2007, including details of average headline, upfront, milestone and royalty terms.
Chapter 3 provides a review of the leading vaccine deals since 2007. Deals are listed by headline value, signed by bigpharma, most active bigpharma, and most active of all biopharma companies. Where the deal has an agreement contract published at the SEC a link provides online access to the contract.
Chapter 4 provides a comprehensive listing of the top 50 bigpharma companies with a brief summary followed by a comprehensive listing of vaccine deals as well as contract documents available in the public domain. Where available, each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the actual contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 5 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of vaccine partnering deals signed and announced since 2007, where a contract document is available in the public domain. The chapter is organized by company A-Z, stage of development at signing, deal type (collaborative R&D, co-promotion, licensing etc), and specific therapy focus. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The report also includes numerous tables and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in vaccine partnering and dealmaking since 2007.
In conclusion, this report provides everything a prospective dealmaker needs to know about partnering in the research, development and commercialization of vaccine technologies and products.
Vaccine Partnering Terms and Agreements is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding and access to vaccine trends and structure of deals entered into by leading companies worldwide.
Vaccine Partnering Terms and Agreements includes:
* Trends in vaccine dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2007
* Analysis of vaccine deal structure
* Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
* Case studies of real-life vaccine deals
* Access to over 1,500 vaccine deal documents
* The leading vaccine deals by value since 2007
* Most active vaccine dealmakers since 2007
* The leading vaccine partnering resources
In Vaccine Partnering Terms and Agreements, the available contracts are listed by:
* Company A-Z
* Headline value
* Stage of development at signing
* Deal component type
* Specific therapy target
Each deal title links via weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The Vaccine Partnering Terms and Agreements report provides comprehensive access to available deals and contract documents for over 1,500 vaccine deals. Analyzing actual contract agreements allows assessment of the following:
* What are the precise vaccine rights granted or optioned?
* What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
* What exclusivity is granted?
* What is the payment structure for the deal?
* How are sales and payments audited?
* What is the deal term?
* How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
* How are IPRs handled and owned?
* Who is responsible for commercialization?
* Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
* How is confidentiality and publication managed?
* How are disputes to be resolved?
* Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
* What happens when there is a change of ownership?
* What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
* Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
* Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
* Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
Vaccine Partnering Terms and Agreements provides the reader with the following key benefits:
• In-depth understanding of vaccine and adjuvant deal trends since 2007
• Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
• Analysis of the structure of vaccine agreements with numerous real life case studies
• Comprehensive access to over 1500 actual vaccine contracts entered into by the world's biopharma companies
• Detailed access to actual vaccine contracts enter into by the leading fifty bigpharma companies
• Insight into the terms included in a vaccine agreement, together with real world clause examples
• Understand the key deal terms companies have agreed in previous deals
• Undertake due diligence to assess suitability of your proposed deal terms for partner companies
Chapter 1 – Introduction
Chapter 2 – Trends in vaccine dealmaking
* 2.1. Introduction
* 2.2. Companion vaccine over the years
* 2.3. Bigpharma vaccine dealmaking activity
* 2.4. Bigpharma not active in vaccines
* 2.5. Vaccine partnering by deal type
* 2.6. Vaccine partnering by disease type
* 2.7 Average deal terms for vaccine
* 2.7.1 Vaccine headline values
* 2.7.2 Vaccine upfront payments
* 2.7.3 Vaccine milestone payments
* 2.7.4 Vaccine royalty rates
Chapter 3 – Leading vaccine deals
* 3.1. Introduction
* 3.2. Top vaccine deals by value
* 3.3. Top vaccine deals involving bigpharma
Chapter 4 – Bigpharma vaccine deals
* 4.1. Introduction
* 4.2. How to use bigpharma vaccine partnering deals
* 4.3. Bigpharma vaccine partnering company profiles
* Alcon Labs
* Baxter International
* Biogen Idec
* Boehringer Ingelheim
* Bristol-Myers Squibb
* Daiichi Sankyo
* Dainnipon Sumitomo
* Eli Lilly
* Forest Laboratories
* Gilead Sciences
* Johnson & Johnson
* Kyowa Hakko Kirin
* Merck & Co
* Merck KGaA
* Novo Nordisk
* Warner Chilcott
Chapter 5 – Vaccine dealmaking directory
* 5.1. Introduction
* 5.2. Company A-Z
* 6.3. By stage of development
* Phase I
* Phase II
* Phase III
* 5.4. By deal type
* Asset and product purchase
* Collaborative R&D
* Joint venture
* 5.5. By therapy area
* Hospital care
* Central nervous system
* Genetic disorders
* Genetic disorders
* Sensory organ
* Animal health
* 5.6. By related technology
* Drug delivery
Chapter 6 – Partnering resource center
* 6.1. Online partnering
* 6.2. Partnering events
* 6.3. Further reading on dealmaking
* Appendix 1 – Deal type definitions
* Appendix 2 – Example vaccine partnering agreement
* About Wildwood Ventures
Figures in report
* Figure 1: Vaccine partnering since 2007
* Figure 2: Bigpharma – top 50 – vaccine deals 2007 to 2011
* Figure 3: Inactive bigpharma in vaccine 2007-2011
* Figure 4: Vaccine partnering by deal type since 2007
* Figure 5: Vaccine partnering by disease type since 2007
* Figure 6: Vaccine partnering by infectives target since 2007
* Figure 7: Vaccine partnering by oncology target since 2007
* Figure 8: Vaccine deals with a headline value
* Figure 9: Vaccine deal headline value distribution, US$million
* Figure 10: Vaccine deal headline value distribution, US$million
* Figure 11: Vaccine deals with upfront payment values
* Figure 12: Vaccine deal upfront payment distribution, US$million
* Figure 13: Vaccine deals with milestone payments
* Figure 14: Vaccine deal milestone payment distribution, US$million
* Figure 15: Vaccine deals with royalty rates, %
* Figure 16: Vaccine deal royalty rate distribution, %
* Figure 17: Top vaccine deals by value since 2007
* Figure 18: Top vaccine deals signed by bigpharma value since 2007
* Figure 19: Online partnering resources
* Figure 20: Forthcoming partnering events
* Figure 21: Deal type definitions
* Figure 22: Vaccine partnering agreement between Novavax and LG Life Sciences, March 2011
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved