"EPL Archives is a well-known and trusted partner to the majority of the world's largest pharmaceutical customers, including many existing VWR customers," said Manuel Brocke-Benz, President and CEO of VWR. "Their portfolio of services will greatly complement VWR's current service offering, as a part of VWRCATALYST, allowing us to better serve our customers in achieving their goals by ensuring compliant storage of research, manufacturing and clinical trial materials."
Founded in 1978, EPL Archives has several locations in Virginia, U.S. and Carros, France. EPL Archives operates biostorage facilities totaling over 190,000 square feet of storage space including temperature controlled, humidity controlled and ambient storage that are compliant with applicable GLP, GCP and GMP regulations. Services include non-clinical archiving, clinical biorepository and bio banking, regulated data management, manufacturing material storage, and specialized logistics and support services.
Financial details of this acquisition remain confidential.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading global independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.5 billion in 2016, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 10,200 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
For more information on VWR, please visit www.vwr.com.
Director, Corporate Communications
VWR International, LLC
John Sweeney, CFA
VP, Investor Relations
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vwr-acquires-epl-archives-inc-300427165.html
Related biology technology :
1. Aviva Systems Biology Acquires GenWay Biotech
2. Kernel Acquires KRS to Build Next-Generation Neural Interfaces
3. Ginkgo Bioworks Acquires Leading Synthetic DNA Provider Gen9
4. WuXi AppTec Acquires Biology Focused R&D Service Leader HD Biosciences
5. Pall ForteBio Acquires the Pioneer SPR Product Line from SensiQ Technologies to Expand Its Label-Free Interaction Analysis Portfolio
6. Invitae acquires patient-centered data company AltaVoice, creating new offerings to advance research and access to care for patients with inherited and rare diseases
7. Neogen acquires Brazil-based Rogama
8. Vigene Biosciences Acquires the cGMP Manufacturing Facility and Assets of Omnia Biosciences
9. VetStem Biopharma Acquires 24 New Adipose Stem Cell Patents
10. Proove Biosciences Acquires Algynomics, Inc.
11. CallTower Acquires ConnectSolutions’ Microsoft Skype for Business Assets