SAN MARINO, Calif., March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- VG Life Sciences, Inc. (OTC Pink: VGLS), a biotechnology company focused on leveraging its innovative platform technologies for the discovery and development of drug therapies for cancer, infectious disease, and inflammation, announced today that it has signed a two-year commitment to provide funding toward the operational needs of the company from current investor MedBridge, LLC, a leading provider of development, turnaround, partnership advising and revenue cycle management services for the medical and healthcare industries. During this period, MedBridge will also provide full administrative support for VG Life Sciences, allowing the company to focus on clinical development of its therapeutic pipeline.
MedBridge President and CEO David Odell will join VG Life Sciences' Board of Directors, as will John Tynan , President of the TynanGroup Companies, who is also a long-time investor in the company.
Haig Keledjian , CEO of VG Life Sciences, said, "This is a transformational development for VG Life Sciences. The significant commitment from MedBridge provides us with the capital and operational infrastructure to focus our efforts on advancing our pipeline of preclinical drug candidates into Phase I human clinical trials. Over the next two years, we expect to complete the required preclinical safety, pharmacology, and toxicity studies to move our targeted peptide technologies into Phase I clinical trials for several applications, including HIV, Lyme Disease, and inflammatory syndromes, such as preeclampsia. We anticipate completing the pre-clinical studies within the next six to eight months.
Mr. Keledjian continued, "We welcome David Odell and John Tynan
SOURCE VG Life Sciences, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. A Look Inside, Factors of Health - Research Report on Novogen Limited, Sanofi SA, ISIS Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Amgen, Inc. and Gilead Sciences, Inc.
2. Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Appoints Conrad F. Mir as Chief Financial Officer
3. Jaipal Reddy, Honble Minister of Science and Technology & Earth Sciences, Inaugurates the International Bioenergy Summit in Delhi
4. Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Continues Global Sales Reach Expansion with Distribution Agreements for China, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Australia, and New Zealand
5. Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reaches Agreement with Investors on Initial $600,000 Tranche of $1.2 Million Above-Market Private Placement; Proceeds to Support Continued Commercialization of PCT Product Platform
6. Intellect Neurosciences, Inc. to Present at Neurotech Investing and Partnering Conference
7. Regado Biosciences, Inc. to Present at Needham & Companys 11th Annual Healthcare Conference in New York, NY
8. Nautilus Neurosciences, Inc. Announces a New Approval for CAMBIA® for the Acute Treatment of Migraine
9. Shire to Acquire FerroKin BioSciences, Inc., and its Phase 2 Iron Chelator Treatment
10. Regado Biosciences, Inc. to Present at the Cowen and Company 32nd Annual Health Care Conference in Boston, MA
11. Islet Sciences, Inc. Selects NeoStems Manufacturing Subsidiary Progenitor Cell Therapy for Product Manufacturing