- Dr. Roscoe M. Moore, Jr. to join Board -
PRINCETON, N.J. and SAN DIEGO, June 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Tobira Therapeutics Inc., a clinical stage biotechnology company committed to the research and product discovery against life-threatening and life-altering infectious diseases, today announced the addition of Roscoe Moore Jr., D.V.M., Ph.D., D.Sc. to their Scientific Advisory Board.
"We expect Dr. Moore to contribute significantly to our already robust Scientific Advisory Board. His expertise across all areas of public health and infectious diseases will be a tremendous asset to Tobira Therapeutics," said James Sapirstein, CEO.
Dr. Moore, President, PH RockWood Corporation, Rockville, Maryland and Pretoria, South Africa, is the Former Assistant United States Surgeon General and Rear Admiral, United States Public Health Service (Retired). Until his retirement Dr. Moore, Jr. served with the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and was for the last twelve years of his career the principal person responsible for development support within the Office of the Secretary, Health and Human Services (HHS). Dr. Moore served as an Epidemic Intelligence Service Officer with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention. He was with the Center for Veterinary Medicine, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), before becoming Senior Epidemiologist within the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, CDC. He served as the Chief Epidemiologist with the Center for Devices and Radiological Health, FDA. He directed the Epidemiology and Biostatistics Program and was an Assistant Professor of Oncology within the
Dr. Moore received his undergraduate and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degrees from
SOURCE Tobira Therapeutics Inc.
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Tobira Therapeutics Inc. Announces Senior Management Team
2. Tobira Therapeutics, Inc. to Present at the 2008 BIO Investor Forum
3. Vicus Therapeutics to Present at the 234th American Chemical Society National Meeting in Boston, MA
4. DJO Incorporateds Pending Merger With ReAble Therapeutics Clears U.S. Antitrust Review
5. PeriCor Therapeutics Announces Closing of Licensing Agreement for Acadesine with Schering-Plough Corporation
6. Systems Medicine (SM), a Subsidiary of Cell Therapeutics, Inc. (CTI), Announces Execution of CRADA with NCI/NIH to Develop Potential Cancer Treatments Targeting the Insulin Growth Factor (IGF) Pathway
7. Amsterdam Molecular Therapeutics to Release H1 2007 Results on August 29, 2007
8. Nektar Therapeutics Appoints Tim Harkness as Chief Financial Officer
9. ExonHit Therapeutics: Allergan and ExonHits First Collaboration Compound to Begin Human Clinical Trials
10. Cell Therapeutics, Inc. Takes Corrective Actions in Response to Nasdaq Determination
11. Amsterdam Molecular Therapeutics Reports Half Year Results 2007