TIANJIN, China, May 13 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- A signing ceremony for a strategic partnership agreement between Tianjin International Joint Academy of Biotechnology and Medicine (TJAB) and Genzyme Corporation was held in the Tianjin Economic-Technological Development Area (TEDA) on 10 May.
Officials and executives including Rao Zihe, President of TJAB and President of Nankai University, He Shushan, Director of TEDA Administrative Commission and Standing Committee Member of the CPC Committee of the Binhai New Area, Li Baochun, Deputy Director of the Tianjin Municipal Science and Technology Commission, Huang Yalou, Director of the Binhai New Area Science and Technology Commission, Zhang Yaozhou, Vice president of TJAB, Richard Gregory, Senior VP and Head of Research, Genzyme, Canwen Jiang, Vice President and Head of R&D Asia, Genzyme, and Shan Jizhong, General Manager of Genzyme Beijing Biotechnology Co. Ltd, attended the signing ceremony.
Genzyme is one of the world's ten leading biotechnology companies. The company has grown to a diversified enterprise with more than 12,000 employees in locations spanning the globe and 2009 revenues of US$4.5 billion. The company is committed to developing and applying the most advanced technologies in life sciences, with the research and development efforts spanning a range of medical areas including cardiovascular disease.
TJAB, co-founded by the Ministry of Science and Technology, the Ministry
of Commerce, the Ministry of Health, the State Food and Drug Administration
and the Tianjin Municipal People's Government, officially opened in June 2009.
As the core and symbol of the BioMed Zone, the academy received RMB1.1 billion'/>"/>
SOURCE Tianjin Economic-Technological Development Area (TEDA)
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Yongye International Announces First Quarter 2010 Results
2. Max Neeman International Signs Agreement for Data Management/EDC of Large Phase IV Trials from Multiple Sites
3. China Sky One Medical Attended Import and Export Fair to Enhance International Growth Opportunity
4. Yongye International Announces Conference Call to Discuss First Quarter Fiscal Year 2010 Results
5. Dyadic International to Present at Rodman & Renshaw 6th Annual Global Healthcare Conference
6. Yongye International to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences
7. Yongye International, Inc. Begins Construction of New Production Facility
8. Microfluidics International Corporation to Report First Quarter 2010 Financial Results on May 11, 2010
9. Dyadic International Strengthens Management Team
10. PharmAthene CEO To Participate on Biosecurity Panel at the 2010 BIO International Conference
11. Regado Biosciences to Present at the BIO International Convention Held in Chicago, Illinois on May 5, 2010