With regard to the development of PDT, what are Euro PDT's main activities?
Professor Lasse Braathen: The European Society for Photodynamic Therapy (Euro PDT) is a clearinghouse for practitioners and researchers; its objective is to promote research, development and clinical applications for photodynamic therapy in Europe. Every year for the past 10 years, Euro PDT has held an international conference to inform specialists about the results of international research on the use of PDT in dermatology. Euro PDT also participates in most international and national dermatology conferences. Euro PDT holds regular training sessions in order to teach practitioners how to properly use photodynamic therapy. This instruction with certification takes an entire day. In particular, we stress optimal management of the pain associated with the treatment, which the patient must be informed of. This training has led to the creation of excellent PDT research and treatment centers, for example at Saint Louis Hospital in Paris.
With photodynamic therapy being used worldwide, in 2007 Euro PDT published international recommendations in order to define its instructions and standardize its clinical application in treating non-melanoma skin cancers (1). Finally, Euro PDT creates many partnerships with university research labs, the pharmaceutical industry and clinical research teams.
(1) Braathen L, Szeimies RM, Basset-Seguin N, et coll.: Guidelines on the use of photodynamic therapy for nonmelanoma skin cancer: An international consensus. J AM Acad Dermatol 2007; 125-143.
10th Congress of the European Society for Photodynamic Therapy (Euro PDT)
SOURCE European Society for Photodynamic Therapy (Euro PDT)
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Pepscan Signs Partnering Agreement With Immunovo for its Therapeutic Vaccine Portfolio
2. Talecris Biotherapeutics to Report First Quarter 2010 Financial Results
3. Therapeutic Proteins Inc. Completes First Independent, Dedicated Biosimilars Manufacturing Facility in U.S.
4. Live Webinar: Paperless QC Micro Implemented by Talecris Biotherapeutics
5. invivodata Delivers Critical Symptom Relief Data in INSYS Therapeutics' Breakthrough Cancer Pain Trial
6. Michael J. Fox Foundation Offers High-Quality LRRK2 Antibodies for PD Therapeutic Development
7. Viron reports positive proof of concept results in arthritis for its VT-346 anti-TNF therapeutic
8. Cornerstone Therapeutics Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2009 Financial Results
9. Foamix Ltd. and Therapeutics Inc. Enter Into Joint Venture to Develop New Prescription Foams for Inflammatory Skin Diseases - Will Target Over 20 Million Psoriasis and Atopic Dermatitis Patients
10. Sunlight Research(TM), Releases its Osiris Therapeutics Stem Cell Patent Report
11. Fate Therapeutics Named One of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World by MITs Technology Review