XBI is an equal weighted ETF, spreading out assets across roughly 57 firms. No single company accounts for more than 2.93% of the portfolio. The fund allocates half of the assets in small cap securities while large cap takes just 14% share.
In terms of performance, the product generated more than 27% returns year-to-date and 21% in the trailing one-year period.
This ETF tracks the S&P SmallCap 600 Capped Health Care Index and holds 66 securities in its basket. It is unpopular having amassed $119.6 million in asset base and trading in volume of less than 15,000 shares per day, while charging a relatively low 29 bps a year in fees.
From a securities look, the product is somewhat concentrated across each security as the top three holdings – Salix Pharmaceuticals, Cubist Pharmaceuticals and Centene Corp. – together make up for 14.5% share in the basket. PSCH is a small cap centric fund accounting for at least 85% of the assets.
Additionally, the fund is relatively well spread out from an industry perspective holding relatively equal portions of companies in the medical equipment, services, pharma, and biotech spaces. The ETF is up about 26.22% so far this year and 22.33% in the trailing one-year period.
PowerShares Dynamic Biotechnology & Genome Portfolio (AMEX:
SOURCE Zacks Investment Research, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Zacks Investment Ideas feature highlights: Market Vectors Biotech ETF, iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF, Regeneron, Celgene and First Trust Amex Biotechnology Index Fund
2. Sequenom to Host Analyst Day on Monday, November 14, 2011
3. Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Announces Live Webcast of Upcoming Analyst Day
4. Growing Awareness & Increasing Number of Indications Drive the Global Intravenous Immunoglobulin Market, According to a New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
5. Kitware to Improve Air Force Video Analyst Workflows with VIRAT
6. Environmental Concerns & Depleting Fossil Fuels Drive the Global Renewable Chemicals Market, According to New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
7. Global H1N1 Vaccines Market to Reach US $273 Million by 2018, According to a New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
8. Sequenom Announces Participation at the Lazard Capital Markets 8th Annual Healthcare Conference
9. Bayer HealthCares Cotavance® Drug Eluting Balloon With Paccocath® Technology Reduced Five-Year Target Lesion Revascularization Rates by 59 Percent in PAD Patients Compared to Those Treated With Uncoated Balloon
10. Organovo to Present at Lazard Capital Markets 8th Annual Healthcare Conference
11. Pharmasset to Present at the Lazard Capital Markets Healthcare Conference