DUBLIN, November 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zn99vd/stem_cell) has announced the addition of the "Stem Cell Research: Opportunities, Tools & Technologies" report to their offering.
To facilitate research resulting from interest in the far-ranging applications of stem cells, a large and growing stem cells research products market has emerged. Large companies selling stem cell research products include Life Technologies, BD Biosciences, Thermo Fisher Scientific, and Millipore, although dozens of other suppliers exist as well. Products offered by these companies include: antibodies to stem cell antigens, bead-based stem cell separation systems, stem cell protein purification and analysis tools, tools for DNA and RNA-based characterization of stem cells, stem cell culture and media reagents, stem cell specific growth factors and cytokines, tools for stem cell gene regulation, a range of stem cell services, tools for in vivo and in vitro stem cell tracking, and stem cell lines.
Currently, the federal government is an important, although not dominant, source of funding for stem cell research. The reason is that states are spending almost as much as the federal government on stem cell research and are actually spending more than the federal government on human embryonic stem cell (hESC) research. Private sources also contribute a huge about of funding, with analysis of recent large gifts summing to over $1.7 billion.
Furthermore, growth in research into stem cells has exploded in the past decade. And so the market to supply stem cell research products has grown to meet this huge demand.
- There are now over one million stem cell researchers in 283 countries worldwide.
- There were 17 companies when we first started monitoring the stem cell research products market in 2006. This has risen to 90 companies today, a 5.3-fold increase.
- The stem cell research products market (excluding stem cell antibodies) was valued at $1.28 billion for the full year 2011 and is projected to increase to $2.10 billion by 2016.
- The total market for all types of stem cell products - including stem cell research products, stem cell antibodies, and stem cell therapies - was valued at $5.72 billion for the full year 2011.
This report identifies, defines, and quantifies each market segment within the stem cell product industry, including Stem Cell Research Products, Stem Cell Antibodies, and Stem Cell Therapies.
Because of the massive size of this market, developing either niche products or a diverse stem cell product line represents a significant opportunity for research supply companies. This report explores current market conditions and provides guidance for companies interested in developing strategically positioned stem cell product lines.
Featured elements of this report include:
- What are novel stem cells research products that can be developed?
- What stem cells types are most frequently used by research scientists?
- Which species of stem cells do scientists prefer and what are the factors driving this preference (access, pricing, funding, handling advantages)?
- What are the most frequently used stem cell markers?
- What are the most common research applications, and how do they differ by segment (academic, industrial, and government)?
- Who are the leading suppliers of stem cell products?
- What stem cell product categories are already available in the marketplace?
- What are current grant, patent, and scientific publication rate trends?
- What are the major funding sources, trends, and dollar values, for domestic and international researchers?
- What is the size of the stem cell research products marketplace and how fast is it growing?
- What are communication strategies for accessing the marketplace?
- And much more...
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Cellartis AB
- Buck Institute
- BD Biosciences
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zn99vd/stem_cell
|SOURCE Research and Markets|
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved