Houston Mayor William White, Continental Airlines CEO Larry Kellner, and the Greater Houston Partnership's Jeff Moseley Headline an All-Star Cast
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., April 23 /PRNewswire/ -- TechConnect World today announced an all-star cast of local, Houston-based executives participating in the TechConnect World trio of conferences -- which includes the Clean Technology '09, Nanotech '09 and TechConnect Summit events, at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas, May 3-7, 2009.
"For the first time in our 12-year history, we're hosting this event in Houston," said Patti Glaza, executive director for CTSI, "We've worked extensively with the Greater Houston Partnership, the State of Texas Office of the Governor, and the Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau, who are all co-sponsors of the 2009 conference. The estimated economic impact for TechConnect World is more than $5 million to the city of Houston -- which is an ideal venue because of the city's innovation in nanotech, biotech, clean tech and energy."
More than 2,700 presentations are scheduled for all three events, from May 3-7th. This extensive lineup includes hundreds of Houston-based presenters, including:
1. Houston Mayor William White
2. The Greater Houston Partnership's CEO Jeff Moseley
3. Continental Airlines' CEO Larry Kellner, discussing the future of flying
4. Rice University's Wade Adams, discussing grid and storage innovations
5. The former COO for the Department of Energy, Paul Dickerson, on the government's role in clean technology
6. Simmons & Company International's Chairman, Matt Simmons, discussing investment banking for the energy industry
7. Shell Oil's Curtis Frasier commenting on the "The Future of Energy"
8. The Wind
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved