Houston Mayor William White, Continental Airlines CEO Larry Kellner, and the Greater Houston Partnership's Jeff Moseley Headline an All-Star Cast
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., April 23 /PRNewswire/ -- TechConnect World today announced an all-star cast of local, Houston-based executives participating in the TechConnect World trio of conferences -- which includes the Clean Technology '09, Nanotech '09 and TechConnect Summit events, at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas, May 3-7, 2009.
"For the first time in our 12-year history, we're hosting this event in Houston," said Patti Glaza, executive director for CTSI, "We've worked extensively with the Greater Houston Partnership, the State of Texas Office of the Governor, and the Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau, who are all co-sponsors of the 2009 conference. The estimated economic impact for TechConnect World is more than $5 million to the city of Houston -- which is an ideal venue because of the city's innovation in nanotech, biotech, clean tech and energy."
More than 2,700 presentations are scheduled for all three events, from May 3-7th. This extensive lineup includes hundreds of Houston-based presenters, including:
1. Houston Mayor William White
2. The Greater Houston Partnership's CEO Jeff Moseley
3. Continental Airlines' CEO Larry Kellner, discussing the future of flying
4. Rice University's Wade Adams, discussing grid and storage innovations
5. The former COO for the Department of Energy, Paul Dickerson, on the government's role in clean technology
6. Simmons & Company International's Chairman, Matt Simmons, discussing investment banking for the energy industry
7. Shell Oil's Curtis Frasier commenting on the "The Future of Energy"
8. The Wind Alliances' John White discussing the Formation of The Wind Alliance
9. Multiple NASA researchers presenting their latest research on solar & wind renewable systems, and fuel cell development
10. More than two dozen leading researchers from the MD Anderson Cancer Center
11. More than 20 researchers from
12. And dozens of researchers from the
Additional Keynote addresses, from companies such as: Lockheed Martin, NREL, Exelon, and many others will provide updates on some of the most significant projects across the clean and nano technology landscapes. And hundreds of companies, including Houston-based: ConocoPhillips, Ignite Solar, SmartCool Systems, Standard Renewable Energy, Neohydro Technologies, Houston Electric Cars, Nissan Chemical, General Electric, and many others are exhibiting in the TechConnect World Expo.
Clean Technology '09 assembles the entire clean technology ecosystem -- including industry, academia and government -- to examine the policy issues and future measures needed to promote sustainability and accelerate the flow of energy, water and environmental technologies.
Nanotech '09, now in its 12th year, is the largest and most prominent nanotechnology event in the world, attracting thousands of nano, micro and bio technology executives, to bring nanotechnology from the laboratory to the marketplace.
The TechConnect Summit ties these events together, through presentations and networking opportunities designed to connect Fortune 500 companies with the academic and research communities. For more information on these three events, please visit: www.techconnectworld.com.
Clean Technology and Sustainable Industries Organization (CTSI) -- is a not-for-profit membership organization with offices in Cambridge Massachusetts, San Francisco California, Detroit Michigan, Geneva Switzerland and Washington DC. CTSI's mission is to advance the commercialization and global adoption of clean technologies and sustainable industry practices through a community of industry, academic, and government leaders committed to a safer, cleaner and more productive world. For more information, please visit: www.ct-si.org.
Contacts: Todd Keefe 617 262 1968 x 101 email@example.com
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved