BETHESDA, Md., June 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TNI BioTech, Inc. (OTCQB: TNIB) announced today that Dr. Ronald Herberman , the Company's Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, unexpectedly passed away over the weekend.
The board of directors issued the following statement: "We are shocked and greatly saddened by the passing of Dr. Ronald Herberman . He was a visionary leader, a devoted father to his children, and a good friend. The company's directors and employees, as well as many of the people he worked with and mentored over the years, mourn his loss. We extend our sympathies to his family, particularly his wife and children, who meant the world to him.
The board of directors, while searching for a new chief medical officer, has appointed an interim team to continue with the development of our drug therapies and clinical trials programs. While TNI BioTech will feel the loss of Dr. Herberman, management and medical staff are deeply committed to continuing his vision and therapies. Dr. Herberman leaves behind a highly qualified and capable staff and team.
TNI BioTech expects to fill the chief medical officer position with one of many qualified candidates that have been under consideration for other key positions in the company. Until then, the medical team will be led by Dr. Joseph Fortunak , a strategic advisor to TNI BioTech. Dr. Fortunak brings decades of biotech experience, which include formerly serving as the director and head of global chemical development at Abbott Laboratories. Dr. Fortunak will be joined by Dr. Angus Dalgleish , a member of TNI BioTech's medical advisory board and chair of the Oncology Department at St. George's University of London. The team will also include Dr. Nick Plotnikoff <
SOURCE TNI BioTech, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. TNI BioTech, Inc. Appoints Industry Veteran, Dr. Joseph Fortunak, as a Strategic Consultant
2. SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Announces Investigation into Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duty by the Board of PROLOR Biotech, Inc. in Connection with the Sale of the Company to OPKO Health, Inc.
3. Law Office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC Announces Investigation of PROLOR Biotech, Inc.
4. Preclinical Stage Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharma and Biotech, 2013 Edition
5. Air Products to Feature Medical and Industrial Grade Gas Solutions for Pharma, Biotech, and Life Science Applications at Mid-Atlantic Bio Conference
6. RayBiotech, Inc. Achieves Both GMP- and GLP-Compliance and Announces New Dedicated Services Laboratory
7. RayBiotech, Inc. and the University of Oslo Enter into Antibody Array Services Collaboration
8. RayBiotech, Inc. Announces New Diagnostic Core Facility Partnering Program
9. Marina Biotech, Inc. Joins OTCQX
10. Janssen Biotech, Inc. Announces Collaborative Development and Worldwide License Agreement for Investigational Anti-Cancer Drug, PCI-32765
11. Elsevier Announces its Collaboration with Kasetsart University, Thailand