CAGR) of 24.7% to reach $1.6 billion in 2018. Benlysta (belimumab) was approved on March 9, 2011 by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and on July 14, 2011 by the European Medicine Evaluation Agency (EMEA) in Europe for treating adult patients with active, autoantibody-positive SLE. It the drug for SLE to be approved in 50 years and is expected to drive the SLE market in the near future. Furthermore, the entry of four first-in-class (FIC) biologics, Orencia (abatacept), atacicept, epratuzumab, LY2127399 is expected to play a major role in the expansion of the SLE market by 2018.
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the SLE market. Its scope includes -
- Annualized seven key SLE market (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan) revenue data from 2005 to 2010, forecast for eight years to 2018.
- Pipeline analysis data showing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. Pipeline candidates fall under the following major therapeutic classes: anti-BAFF (B-cell activating factor), immunomodulator, anti-IFN-alpha, Toll-Like Receptor TLR7/TLR9 inhibitor, CD22 antigen Inhibitor, T-cell co-stimulation modulator and calcineurin inhibitor.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the global SLE market. Key market players covered are Anthera Pharma, AstraZeneca PLC/MedImmune LLC, Active Biotech AB, Amgen Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Co., Biotest AG, Cephalon, Inc., Eli Lilly and Co., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd/Genentech, Johnson & Johnson/Centocor, Inc, Merck KGaA/Merck Sereno, MedImmune, LLC, Neovacs SA, Onyx Pharmaceuticals and UCB Group/Immunomedics Inc.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, uPage: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Related biology technology :1
. deCODE Announces Agreement With Pfizer to Search for Variants in the Human Genome That Confer Risk of Systemic Lupus Erythematosis2
. Pevions Therapeutic Candida Vaccine Shows Robust Systemic and Mucosal Immunogenicity, While Epidemiological Survey Confirms Excellent Market Potential3
. Sangamo BioSciences Announces Data Presentation of First In Vivo Demonstration of ZFN-mediated Gene Correction Via Systemic Delivery at American Society for Hematology Meeting4
. Biologic Agents Will Drive the Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Drug Market to More Than Quadruple to Nearly $2 Billion in 20185
. Human Genome Sciences to Host July 20 Conference Call to Discuss Top-Line Phase 3 Results for Benlysta(TM) (Formerly Lymphostat-B(R)) in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus6
. Human Genome Sciences Reports Positive Long-Term Data for BENLYSTA(TM) (Formerly LymphoStat-B(R)) in Patients With Active Systemic Lupus Erythematosus7
. Trubion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Announces Initiation of Phase 1 Study of SBI-087 for the Treatment of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)8
. Anacor Achieves Milestone from GSK for Boron-Based Systemic Antibacterial Product Candidate9
. Lupus Research Institute: Benlysta(TM) Trial Results in an Historic Research Breakthrough and Victory for People With Lupus10
. Promise of a New Lupus Treatment Is a Groundbreaking Achievement11
. Influenza Vaccines Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018