IRVINE, California, October 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Syneron Medical Ltd. (NASDAQ: ELOS), a global market leader in the aesthetic medical device marketplace, announced that it has completed the multi-site clinical study for the UltraShape Contour I System for non-invasive abdominal circumferential reduction.
The Contour I is designed to use the mechanical effects of ultrasound to disrupt fat cells non-invasively. It achieves this effect without any significant heating of the target or adjacent tissue, minimizing any impact on blood vessels, nerves, and muscle tissue outside the target area. The Contour I also provides an automatic guidance system that adjusts for patient movement for enhanced user convenience and for a high degree of safety.
In the randomized, controlled clinical study of the Contour I, which was performed in 3 clinical sites in the U.S. and one site outside the U.S., a total of 150 subjects were treated and followed-up for up to 4 months. In this multi-site study, an average abdominal circumference reduction of 2.4-3.5 cm was demonstrated. The results successfully met the primary hypothesis for clinically significant circumference reduction. Furthermore, the results demonstrated progressive improvement over time in circumference reduction, beginning after the first treatment session. No serious adverse events related to the device were reported. The treatment was administered without the need for anesthetic and was well tolerated by patients.
The Contour I received the CE mark in 2005 and is marketed in European countries, Canada, Australia, Israel, Mexico, Brazil, Urugua
SOURCE Syneron Medical Ltd.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Global Medical Imaging Reagents Market 2012 - 2016: Worldwide Industry Latest Market Share, Investment Trends, Growth, Size, Trends, Strategy And Forecast Research Report
2. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center to Use Exosome Diagnostics Exosome RNA Biofluid Kits in Neo-Natal Setting and Cancer for Development of Personalized Medicine Diagnostics
3. Dr. Szczepan Baran Appointed to Board of Directors at Americans for Medical Progress
4. Global Medical Experts to Discuss Knowledge Translation for Integration of Complementary Therapies in Cancer Treatment at Vancouver, BC Conference
5. Global 3D Medical Imaging Industry
6. Portland Medical Marijuana Clinic - The Aurora Clinic - Now Offering Complimentary Telephone Consultations for Washington and Oregon Medical Marijuana Cards
7. V. Suzanne Klimberg, M.D. Appointed Medical Director of Ascendant Diagnostics™
8. Miami’s Preferred Cord Blood Laboratory, GeneCell International, Partakes in North Shore Medical Center and Hialeah Hospital’s OB/GYN Symposium
9. Young scientists receive NSBRI space biomedical research fellowships
10. Avon Foundation for Women, NIH, and the Center for Advancing Innovation Launch Start-Up Challenge to Advance Breast Cancer Biomedical Invention
11. VIVEX BIOMEDICAL Successfully Completes $7.6 Million Round of Financing