or oil and gas companies. Poland and Ukraine are estimated to have significant reserves of shale gas and are likely to witness increased exploratory activities during the forecast period.
•Centrifugal pumps have a bigger share of the total market. This is due to the application of these pumps in transporting the large volumes of water that is required for hydraulic fracturing. Among positive displacement pumps, progressive cavity and reciprocating pumps are the most common types of pumps used in shale gas exploration.
1. Increased investment in drilling test wells and conducting exploratory activities are expected to boost the shale gas pumps market.
2. The mandatory requirement to treat the water that has to be pumped back into the wells is likely to offer growth prospects for pump manufacturers.
3. The energy policies of the various local governments across Europe depend on the commercial viability of shale gas exploration. These policies may have a major bearing on the growth opportunities for pump manufacturers.
4. Pump manufacturers who have a strong foothold in the North American shale gas market are likely to dominate the shale gas pumps market in Europe, due to their experience in shale gas exploration.
5. In 2011, shale gas exploration in France was banned. This is likely to continue during Mr Francois Hollande’s on-going presidential term.
This pump employs a rotating impeller to enhance the pressure of the fluid that is transferred. The inlet is along the rotating axis and the fluid is forced out axially or radially, after acceleration, by the rotating impeller. Centrifugal pumps include single-stage, multi-stage, submersible, seal-less and circulator pumps.
Positive Displacement Pump
This pump causes fluid to move by trapping a fixed amount of the fluid and then forcing it into the discharge pipe. A positive displacement
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Related biology technology :1
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. GMSbiotech and Pure Transplant Solutions Announce Strategic Collaboration2
. Flow Cytometry - Global Strategic Business Report - 20123
. Forensic Technologies and Services - 2013 Global Strategic Business Report4
. Samsung BioLogics Signs a Strategic Manufacturing Partnership with Roche5
. SACHEM Sponsor at the Strategic Materials Conference (SMC 2013)6
. Enteris BioPharma and Nordic BioSciences KeyBioScience Enter Strategic Licensing Agreement to Develop Metabolic Peptides Using Enteris Proprietary Oral Drug Delivery and Manufacturing Platform7
. ACRES and PharmaTrain Announce Strategic Alliance8
. Biotech Industry Executives Summit (10/8) to Advance the Supply Chain with Focus on Serialization, Strategic Sourcing, Clinical Supply and Molecular Diagnostics9
. ACRES Announces Strategic Alliance with Atlantis Global Research Institute10
. Cato Research Announces New Hires of Strategic Business Development Personnel11
. Reduce Site Monitoring Costs With a Strategic Approach, New Life Science Webinar Hosted by Xtalks