FLORHAM PARK, N.J., Feb. 25 /PRNewswire/ -- Defined Health has announced the agenda and confirmed speakers for its 9th annual Therapeutic Insight conference. Therapeutic Insight 2009 ("TI2009") will take place on March 31- April 2, 2009, at The New York Marriott Downtown. The agenda, list of speakers and registration information along with content and attendee statistics from prior Therapeutic Insight conferences are available on the conference website, www.therapeuticinsight.com.
The following industry and key opinion leaders are among those who will discuss key industry issues and trends in oncology, pain, COPD, biologics and frailty in aging:
- John Babiak, PhD, SVP, Discovery Technologies, PTC Therapeutics, Inc.
- Karen Bernstein, PhD, Chairman & Editor-in-Chief, BioCentury
- Maria Paola Chiesi, PhD, Corporate Marketing Head, Chiesi Farmaceutici
- James F. Donohue, MD, Chief of Pulmonary Diseases and Critical Care Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine
- Andy Dray, PhD, Chief Scientist, AstraZeneca R & D, Montreal, Canada
- Mark Edwards, Principal, Deloitte Recap LLC
- Thomas M. Estok, President & CEO, Tragara Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Alan Ezekowitz, PhD, SVP & Franchise Head, BRIE, Merck Research Laboratories
- Frederick Frank, Vice Chairman, Barclays Capital
- Stephen H. Friend, MD, PhD, SVP & Franchise Head, Oncology, Merck Research Laboratories
- Steve Hoerter, Sr. Director, BioOncology Marketing and Pipeline Commercial Development, Genentech BioOncology
- Tamar Howson, MS, MBA, Partner, JSB-Partners
- Martin Meglasson, PhD, VP, Discovery Research, Ligand Pharmaceutical
- Scott Mellis, MD, PhD, VP, Translational Medicine, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Stelios Papadopoulos, PhD
- Daniele Piomelli, PhD, Louise Turner Arnold Chair in the Neurosciences, Professor of Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Director, Center for Drug Discovery, University of California, Irvine
- Sherrie Preische, PhD, Director, Business Development, Genmab, Inc.
- Dennis J. Purcell, MBA, Senior Managing Partner, Aisling Capital, LLC
- Eric Rowinsky, MD, EVP & Chief Medical Officer, ImClone
- Edward C. Saltzman, President, Defined Health
- William K. Schmidt, PhD, President, NorthStar Consulting, LLC
- Paul J. Sekhri, Head, Biotech Ops Group, TPG Biotech/TPG Growth, LLC
- David Shen, PhD, Executive Director, Biologics Research and GlycoFi, Merck & Co.
- Mark J. Simon, President, Williver Group
- Anders Ullman, MD, PhD, EVP, Research & Development, Nycomed
- Kenneth M. Verburg, PhD, VP, PGRD Therapeutic Area Development Group Head, Pfizer
- Robert E. Ward, VP, Corporate Development, NPS Pharmaceuticals
Stephen H. Friend, MD, PhD, SVP & Franchise Head, Oncology Merck Research Laboratories, will present a keynote address at TI2009 entitled, "Emerging Approaches for Translational Medicine: How One Might Break Through Existing Clinical Inefficiencies; Open Access Bionetwork Platforms as Contributor Engines to Evolve Disease Models."
The 2+ day conference will include 2 networking events and additional networking opportunities throughout the event. After a welcome reception on Tuesday, March 31, the conference will begin on Wednesday morning, April 1, with a plenary presentation by Ed Saltzman, President of Defined Health, entitled: "On a Dime and In Very Little Time: Biotech's New Value Creation Challenge."
Therapeutic Insight 2009 is sponsored by Defined Health and Communitech Market Intelligence. To register, or for more information, please visit www.therapeuticinsight.com, or contact:
Communitech: (914) 245-7764, www.cmius.com
Defined Health: (973) 292-5001 X 235, www.definedhealth.com.
Ginny E. Llobell
973-292-5001 X 235
Related biology technology :1
. Dr. John Stephen Osika, HIV/AIDS and Infectious Disease Expert, Joins Abt Associates2
. Genomic Health to Present at Stephens Fall Investment Conference3
. Neurofocus Appoints Stephen Kosslyn to Its Advisory Board4
. US Oncology Appoints Stephen Smith Vice President/General Manager Research and Personalized Science Services5
. BioNeutral Laboratories Announces the Appointment of Stephen Browand as a Director to Head Military, Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs6
. Immunosyn Announces Interview of CEO Stephen D. Ferrone by CEOCFO Interviews & News7
. Nano-Bio-Info-Cogno Revolutions to be Explored at Convergence08 Unconference - Forecaster Paul Saffo to Keynote8
. Christine Poon Will Keynote MichBio Expo9
. Innovative and Forward-Thinking Experts to Deliver Keynote Presentations at IBCs 13th Annual Drug Discovery & Development of Innovative Therapeutics World Congress10
. Merck & Co., Inc. Named Keynote Sponsor For Diversity Alliance For Sciences Inaugural Conference11
. National Stem Cell Holding, Inc. to Present Keynote Address at The Stem Cell Partnering Series Inaugural Meeting in San Diego