TYSONS CORNER, Va., Nov. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Spherix Incorporated (NASDAQ: SPEX) -- an intellectual property development company committed to the fostering and monetization of intellectual property, announced today that the Company has accepted $2.0 million in subscriptions of a non-brokered private placement of its equity that convert into common stock on a share for share basis. The funds raised will be used for general working capital and portfolio acquisition while continuing the company objective of expanding its monetization licensing agenda.
CEO Anthony Hayes stated, "We are pleased with the progress the company has made in such a short period of time and the overwhelming support from investors subscribing this private transaction. We believe this transaction is a powerful message to the uniqueness of the Spherix model. The additional capital gives us both the ability to protect our rights and pursue defendants that may choose to disregard and infringe on our intellectual property. We also are reviewing various opportunities to acquire additional portfolios and in conjunction with the newest member of our Board of Directors, Alex Poltorak, founder of General Patent Corp., we are accelerating our review of these opportunities."
Spherix expects to close on this transaction during the week of Nov. 4, 2013.
The securities offered in the private placement have not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), or applicable state securities laws. Accordingly, the securities may not be offered or sold in the United States<
SOURCE Spherix Incorporated
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Spherix Announces Third Quarter Financial Results
2. Spherix Announces Successful Completion of Important Toxicology Study of SPX-106
3. Spherix Announces Registered Direct Offering of $1.15 Million
4. Spherix to Present at the LHA Life Sciences & Medical Technologies Virtual Conference on February 16
5. Reminder: Spherix to Hold Business Update Conference Call April 11 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time
6. General Patent Corporation Chairman and CEO Alexander Poltorak Joins Spherix Board Industry veteran and authority on patent law and valuation joins Spherix as director
7. Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. Announces Upcoming Poster Presentations of Zerenex™ (Ferric Citrate) at the Upcoming American Society of Nephrology Kidney Week 2011 Annual Meeting
8. VaxyGen Assay Services, LLC Announces Launch of Custom Bioassay Services and Operations
9. Sequenom Announces Participation at the Lazard Capital Markets 8th Annual Healthcare Conference
10. ACORN Research, LLC Announces Partnership with AdeptBio, LLC
11. GeoVax Labs, Inc. Announces Nine Month 2011 Financial Results