red in accordance with US GAAP.
Where applicable the following items, including their tax effect, have been excluded from both 2011 and 2010 Non GAAP earnings, and from our 2011 Outlook:
Amortization and asset impairments:
- Intangible asset amortization and impairment charges; and
- Other than temporary impairment of investments.
Acquisitions and integration activities:
- Upfront payments and milestones in respect of in-licensed and acquired products;
- Costs associated with acquisitions, including transaction costs, fair value adjustments on contingent consideration and acquired inventory;
- Costs associated with the integration of companies; and
- Noncontrolling interests in consolidated variable interest entities.
Divestments, re-organizations and discontinued operations:
- Gains and losses on the sale of non-core assets;
- Costs associated with restructuring and re-organization activities;
- Termination costs; and
- Income/(losses) from discontinued operations.
Depreciation, which is included in Cost of product sales, R&D and SG&A costs in our US GAAP results, has been separately disclosed for the presentation of 2010 and 2011 Non GAAP earnings.
Cash generation represents net cash provided by operating activities, excluding up-front and milestone payments for in-licensed and acquired products, tax and interest payments.
Free cashflow represents net cash provided by operating activities, excluding up-front and milestone payments for in-licensed and acquired products, but including capital expenditure in the ordinary course of business.
A reconciliation of Non GAAP financial measures to the most directly comparable measure under US GAAP is presented on pages 19 to 23.Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Related biology technology :1
. NHS Northamptonshire Chief Executive John Parkes Accepts Visiting Professorship2
. FDA Approves Shires FIRAZYR® (icatibant injection) for Acute Attacks of Hereditary Angioedema (HAE)3
. Shires Quarterly Revenues Grow by 25% to $1 Billion for the First Time4
. Shire Files Lawsuits Against Watson and Roxane for Infringement of VYVANSE(R) (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) Patents5
. Shire Presents Data at ACMG for Fabry and Gaucher Patients Who Switched to Replagal® (agalsidase alfa) and VPRIV® (velaglucerase alfa for injection)6
. Shire Reports Positive Signal Finding Study of Investigative Use of Vyvanse(R) (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) Capsules as Adjunctive Treatment in Major Depressive Disorder7
. Shire plc: Continued Excellent Performance in Q3, Full Year Earnings Expectations Increased, New Value in Pipeline Emerging8
. Shire Announces Results of the Tender Offer for Movetis NV and Commencement of Squeeze-Out Tender Period9
. Reportlinker Adds Shire plc: PharmaVitae Profile10
. Shire Announces European Approval of VPRIV(R) (velaglucerase alfa) for the Treatment of Type 1 Gaucher Disease11
. Shire plc - Statement re ProAmatine