CALGARY and CAMBRIDGE, MA, July 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - SemBioSys Genetics Inc. (TSX:SBS), a leading developer of biosimilar drug candidates, high-value proteins and oils utilizing its novel plant expression systems, today announced that Rick Pierce has joined the Company as President of US and International Operations. Mr. Pierce will open a US office in Cambridge, Massachusetts which will offer the Company a broader market to better exploit its technology platform and access to US and International markets.
Mr. Pierce joins SemBioSys after four successful years with Javelin Pharmaceuticals (NYSEamex:JAV), which was recently acquired by Hospira, Inc. (NYSE: HSP), where he served as Vice President, responsible for leading the firms investor relations and business development initiatives. Mr. Pierce played a significant role in the business development discussions which led to the Hospira transaction. Prior to Javelin, Mr. Pierce was a senior executive at two Nasdaq listed biotechnology firms for eight years including experience in doing business in China and had previously spent fourteen years with Wall Street firms including Merrill Lynch and Lehman Brothers. During his investment career, Mr. Pierce specialized in sales, trading and investment banking of healthcare and biotechnology equities. Mr. Pierce has been involved in a number of highly successful IPO's, secondary offerings, private placements, mergers and acquisitions and pharmaceutical licensing transactions.
Earlier this year, well known Canadian biotech analyst Karen Boodram joined the firm as Vice President of Business Development. Further, the Company has promoted Dr. Joe Boot
SOURCE SemBioSys Genetics Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. SemBioSys updates progress on Apo AI(Milano)
2. SemBioSys securityholder vote to be held December 18, 2009 with a record date of November 16, 2009
3. SemBioSys announces third quarter 2009 financial and operational results
4. SemBioSys provides an update on Botaneco
5. Data for SemBioSys insulin to be presented at the American Diabetes Associations 69th Scientific Sessions
6. SemBioSys plant-derived Apo AI(Milano) demonstrates encouraging biologic activity in seven preclinical models
7. SemBioSys Genetics Inc. obtains up to $1.5 million in funding from AVAC
8. SemBioSys provides update on insulin program
9. SemBioSys Genetics Inc. Announces Clinical Results with Plant-Produced Insulin
10. SemBioSys announces senior management changes
11. SemBioSys receives US$2.5 million from option agreement with MannKind for plant-produced insulin