CAMBRIDGE, Mass., March 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In honor of National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month, Sanofi (EURONEXT: SAN and NYSE: SNY) and the Colon Cancer Coalition/Get Your Rear in Gear have collaborated to raise awareness of colorectal cancer in Cambridge, Massachusetts by asking the Mayor to sign a proclamation decreeing today, March 6 as Colorectal Cancer Awareness Day in Cambridge. Sanofi Oncology and Get Your Rear in Gear are encouraging the local community to get screened for colorectal cancer and maintain a healthy lifestyle as a means of prevention and early detection.
"I applaud Sanofi Oncology and Colon Cancer Coalition on their collaborative efforts to raise awareness of colorectal cancer in the Cambridge community," said Henrietta Davis , Mayor of the City of Cambridge. "Educating our citizens on prevention and early detection of colorectal cancer is key to fighting this terrible illness."
"We're proud to partner with Sanofi Oncology to raise awareness of colorectal cancer," said Anne Carlson , Executive Director, Colon Cancer Coalition/Get Your Rear in Gear. "I know that patients and caregivers appreciate the efforts undertaken to proclaim Colorectal Cancer Awareness Day in Cambridge, as it provides a voice to spread the word about colorectal cancer."
Today's proclamation underscores Sanofi Oncology's ongoing commitment to the Cambridge community, as evidenced through the company's strong business presence and research partnerships with local academia, hospitals, biotech and research institutions. Sanofi Oncology currently has nine partnerships ongoing in the Cambri
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. PharmaVentures Client Sanofi Wins Scrip Outsourcing Deal of the Year Award
2. Former Sanofi-aventis and US Oncology Executive Joins New Century Health as Chief Executive Officer
3. Sanofi and Regeneron Announce Publication of Positive Phase 2 Results for Lipid-Lowering PCSK9 Antibody in The Lancet
4. Collaboration between Sanofi and Joslin Diabetes Center to focus on new drugs for diabetes
5. Sanofi Signs Agreement for Type 1 Diabetes Research with Boston Academic Teaching Hospital
6. Sanofi and Regeneron Launch Comprehensive Phase 3 Clinical Program With LDL Cholesterol-Lowering PCSK9 Antibody
7. A Look Inside, Factors of Health - Research Report on Novogen Limited, Sanofi SA, ISIS Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Amgen, Inc. and Gilead Sciences, Inc.
8. US Oncology Research Affiliated Physician to Present Findings From Innovative Clinical Trial at 2011 CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium
9. OvaGene Oncology Collaborates With Moffitt Cancer Center to Develop and Commercialize microRNAs Associated With Chemotherapeutic Drug Response
10. Sofie Biosciences Is Awarded a US Patent on a Family of Novel PET Probes for Use in Oncology and Immunology
11. Champions Oncology Inc. Receives Approval from U.S. Regulatory Authorities