Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) November 22, 2013
Asking questions is a key to successful sales calls. This is one of the 11 major account sales skills shared by Sales Momentum in the free ebook and mobile app - Mastering Major Account Selling.
According to Richard Ruff, Ph.D., co-founder of Sales Momentum, "If salespeople are going to bring value, new ideas, and insight to customers, they must understand the business issues and the challenges their customers face. Questions are a primary consultative tool for getting that done."
5 payoffs to asking questions.
1. More memorable interactions. Well-planned questions go a long way in establishing your credibility particularly when they are framed around issues and challenges important to the customer.
2. Avoid the temptation to jump into the conversation too soon. It helps salespeople avoid the trap offering a solution while the problem definition is incomplete and/or all the issues are yet to be surfaced.
3. Better understand the scope of the problem as the customer sees it and to explore what the possible strategic, operational, and financial ripple effects might be.
4. Assess the potential value of a solution. Questions are not only valuable for exploring the scope of the problem; they are also useful for assessing the potential value of a solution. Salespeople can obtain insight about the customer’s view of how the overall situation would be better off if the problem is resolved and the possible downsides of maintaining the status quo.
5. Shape the customer’s point of view. Shaping helps customers redefine a problem in a way that brings value to them and creates a better fit with your capabilities.
About Sales Momentum:
For more than 30 years Dr. Richard Ruff and Dr. Janet Spirer – the founders of Sales Momentum – have worked with the Fortune 1000 to design and develop sales training programs that make a difference. By working with companies – such as UPS, Smith & Nephew, Textron, the Center for Creative Leadership, and Robbins & Myers – they have learned that today’s standard for a great sales force significantly differs from yesterday’s picture. Janet and Richard co-authored Mastering Major Account Selling and Parlez-Vous Business. They also publish the sales blog - Sales Training Connection. Richard co-authored Managing Major Account Selling and Getting Partnering Right. The books are available here.
©2013 Sales Momentum® LLC
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11356425.htm.
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved