MOSCOW, October 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, today announced that Russia's International Biotechnology Center (IBC) Generium, has signed an agreement to grant access to ScienceDirect and Embase for its scientists.
Access to ScienceDirect, Elsevier's full-text platform for scientific, technical and medical research literature and Embase, the most comprehensive international database for biomedical researchers, supports the company's strategy to maintain its leading position in Russia in generic drug development and innovate in biotechnological therapies.
Established in 2011, Generium has a unique and extensive portfolio of innovative drugs and biotechnological therapies. Generium's aim is to innovate in biotechnological therapies against diseases such as oncology as well as cardio-vascular, neurodegenerative and autoimmune disorders. The center's research and development teams will benefit greatly from its newly acquired access to ScienceDirect and Embase, by providing them with peer-reviewed full-text research papers published in more than 2000 international journals, as well as timely access to biomedical information.
Dr. Andrei Petrov, Chief Scientific Officer of Generium, said, "We are delighted to reach this agreement with Elsevier providing our research and development teams with online access to an extensive stream of world-class scientific content which will substantially facilitate our own research on drug discovery and development. We consider both ScienceDirect and Embase as critical tools for strengthening our competitive position."
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. UV Flu Technologies Expands Its International Footprint
2. Elsevier Supports International Crisis Aid Through Pillars of Hope Campaign
3. International Attendance for Networking and Education at Informex Beyond Manufacturing
4. Leading Investigator to Present Clinical Data on Generex Oral-lyn™ at International Diabetes Federation Meetings in Dubai
5. Experts Launch the Alliance for Fertility Preservation at the International Society for Fertility Preservations 2nd World Congress
6. First Free-Standing International Mesothelioma Research Laboratory Opens in Los Angeles
7. PAREXEL International to Present at J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference
8. Elsevier Launches Bilingual International Nursing Skill Training and Management Platform: NursingChina.com
9. Senior Management of NeoStem and Its Subsidiaries Invited to Speak at Seventh International Conference on Cell Therapy for Cardiovascular Disease
10. First Product Candidate Moving Toward Commercialization as Result of Novus International and Verenium Collaboration
11. BioRestorative Therapies to Present at 7th International Conference on Cell Therapy for Cardiovascular Disease