Regulatory and ethical issues involving cell therapy are important and are discussed. Current political debate on the use of stem cells from embryonic sources (hESCs) is also presented. Safety is an essential consideration of any new therapy and regulations for cell therapy are those for biological preparations.
The cell-based markets was analyzed for 2012, and projected to 2022.The markets are analyzed according to therapeutic categories, technologies and geographical areas. The largest expansion will be in diseases of the central nervous system, cancer and cardiovascular disorders. Skin and soft tissue repair as well as diabetes mellitus will be other major markets.
The number of companies involved in cell therapy has increased remarkably during the past few years. More than 500 companies have been identified to be involved in cell therapy and 285 of these are profiled in part II of the report along with tabulation of 272 alliances. Of these companies, 156 are involved in stem cells. Profiles of 70 academic institutions in the US involved in cell therapy are also included in part II along with their commercial collaborations. The text is supplemented with 55 Tables and 11 Figures. The bibliography contains 1,050 selected references, which are cited in the text.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Introduction to Cell Therapy
2. Cell Therapy Technologies
3. Stem Cells
4. Clinical Applications of Cell Therapy
5. Cell Therapy for Cardiovascular Disorders
6. Cell Therapy for Cancer
7. Cell Therapy for Neurological Disorders
8. Ethical and Political Aspects of Cell therapy
9. Safety and Regulatory Aspects of Cell Therapy
10. Markets and Future Prospects for Cell Therapy
11. Companies Involved in Cell Therapy
12. Academic In
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved