NEW YORK, Jan. 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Sample Preparation and Library Preparation for DNA Sequencers (Results of The Kalorama Survey of Labs)
Sample preparation and library preparation are important steps in the DNA sequencing process with specialized products and companies. Based on a survey of labs worldwide conducted by Kalorama's biotech analyst Justin Saeks, this report provides detailed information on the current state of DNA sequencing sample preparation and library preparation for next-generation systems, as well as sample preparation, cycle sequencing and sequencing reaction cleanup with capillary systems. The report's perspective is demand-side, focusing on what labs are doing today.
The information in the report from survey results includes:
- Number of Sequencers and Models Owned
- Typical Applications and Libraries Run (by percentage)
- How Often or How Many Samples (runs, samples, slides, flow cells, plates, multiplexed or not) and Typical Output (reads, read length)
- Changes Sought in Sequencer Features, or Steps in the Sequencing Process
- Main Bottlenecks in Sequencing Process
- Sources of the Samples (human, bacteria, plant)
- Types of Targeted Enrichment Products Used
- Systems Used for Checking Concentration, Size, and/or Quality
- Importance of Cost, Throughput, Flexibility, Reproducibility, Robustness, User-Friendliness, Accuracy and other factors
- Brands Used for DNA or RNA Extraction and Purification
- Brands Used for Fragmentation and Library Preparation
- Brands Used for Amplification/ Polymerases, Dyes, and Sequencing Cleanup
- Third Party Liquid Handlers Used
- Barriers to 2nd- and 3rd-generation Sequencer Use
The study focuses on a survey of 120 laboratories which was carried out from July to September of 2010, with the majority in the latter portion. Along with questions about the specific sequencers used in the labs, the respondents were asked about the sample preparation and library preparation kits, reagents, and other consumables used for sequencing.
The survey effort targeted any lab that uses sequencing for any application, but with the goal of achieving as close as possible a representative breadth of labs. Due to the increasing importance of 2nd- and 3rd-generation systems in the market, the scope leans towards these types of sequencers.
However, the market inevitably also includes capillary sequencers, as 47 of the 87 surveyed labs with next-generation systems also have capillary sequencers. Around a third of the systems in the respondents' labs overall are capillary systems. The mix of labs reached in the survey provides both diverse industry segments, as well as groups of labs with both types of systems, only capillary systems, or only next-generation systems.
To order this report:
: Sample Preparation and Library Preparation for DNA Sequencers (Results of The Kalorama Survey of Labs)
More Market Research Report
Check our Company Profile, SWOT and Revenue Analysis!
Intl: +1 805-652-2626 Related biology technology :1
. Reportlinker Adds The 2011 Clinical Chemistry And Immunodiagnostics Markets US, Europe, Japan: Product Development Opportunities And Business Expansion Strategies For Instrument And Reagent Suppliers2
. Reportlinker Adds The 2011 Molecular Diagnostics Market: DNA Probes and Biochips New Product Development Opportunities and Business Expansion Strategies for Instrument and Reagent Suppliers3
. Reportlinker Adds The 2011 Coagulation Testing Market: US, Europe, Japan Emerging Business Opportunities and Market Expansion Strategies for Suppliers4
. Reportlinker Adds Emerging Opportunities in Biosimilar and Biobetter Drugs Markets5
. Reportlinker Adds Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery - Technological Improvements and Novel Approaches to Fulfill High Potential6
. Reportlinker Adds The 2011 Cancer Diagnostics Market: US, Europe, Japan Emerging Opportunities and Business Expansion Strategies7
. Reportlinker Adds Financial Health of Biotechnology and Drugs Industry in India and China8
. Reportlinker Adds Biotechnology Industry 2010 Yearbook - Top Biologics, Biosimilars, Licensing and Financing, Mergers and Acquisitions9
. Reportlinker Adds Molecular Diagnostics Markets10
. Reportlinker Adds Gene Therapy - technologies, markets and companies11
. Reportlinker Adds Molecular Diagnostics - Technologies, Markets and Companies