NEW YORK, April 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
New Product Development Opportunities and Business Expansion Strategies for Instrument and Reagent Suppliers
FRANCE GERMANY ITALY JAPAN SPAIN UK USA
Introduction and Rationle
According to the 7-country study from Venture Planning Group, the global molecular diagnostics market is growing at the rate of 18% a year, and is expected to reach $10 billion in 5 years. The most rapid growth is projected for genetic and cancer tests.
The report was prepared by VPG in order to assist diagnostics industry executives in evaluating emerging opportunities and developing effective business, R&D and marketing strategies for this dynamic and rapidly evolving market segment.
This two-volume, 1050-page report contains 96 tables and presents the following information:
Worldwide Market Overview
- Laboratories performing DNA sequencing and molecular diagnostic testing, by country and market segment.
- Ten-year test volume and sales projections, by country.
Market Segmentation Analysis
- Sales and market shares for Roche, Gen-Probe and other major suppliers of molecular diagnostic tests and kit components, by country.
- Ten-year test volume and sales forecasts for major DNA probes and NAT applications, including:
• Infectious Diseases
• Forensic Testing
• Paternity Testing/HLA Typing
• Genetic Diseases
- Ten-year test volume and sales projections for 30 molecular diagnostic assays.
- A comprehensive analysis of the DNA sequencing market, by country and laboratory segment, including:
- A detailed market segmentation analysis, including review of the market dynamics, trends, structure, size, growth and major suppliers, by country.
- A comparison of leading molecular diagnostic analyzers from Abbott, Beckman Coulter, BD, Bio-Rad, Gen-Probe, Roche, Tecan and others.
- An extensive review of the molecular diagnostic technologies, test formats, detection methodologies, trends in testing automation and over 30 target/signal amplification methods, including:
• SSSR, and others
- Worldwide listings of companies, universities and research centers developing new molecular diagnostic technologies and products.
- Extensive (up to 7 pages each) strategic assessments of 45 major suppliers and emerging market entrants, including their sales, product portfolios, marketing tactics, collaborative arrangements and new projects in R&D.
- Comprehensive listings of companies developing and marketing molecular diagnostic products, by test and application.
Opportunities and Strategic Recommendations
- 63 specific new product development opportunities with potentially significant market appeal during the next ten years.
- Design criteria for new products.
- Alternative market penetration strategies.
- Potential market entry barriers and risks.
- Business planning issues and concerns.
The study is based on discussions with clinical pathologists, laboratory directors, as well as executives from leading companies and start-up firms developing innovative tests and instrumentation in the U.S., five major European countries and Japan.
In addition to primary sources of information, a comprehensive review of the technical and business publications, manufacturer product literature, industry analyst reports, as well as Venture Planning Group's proprietary data files was conducted.
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved