NEW YORK, March 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Diabetic Retinopathy Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
SummaryGlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, "Diabetic Retinopathy Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017". The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global Diabetic Retinopathy (DR) therapeutics market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global DR therapeutics market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global DR therapeutics sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData's team of industry experts.
GlobalData estimates that the global Diabetic Retinopathy therapeutics market was valued at $169m in 2010 and is forecast to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 35.5% over the next seven years and reach $1.41 billion by 2017. This high growth is largely due to the growth in the diabetes population and a strong pipeline which includes first-in-class drugs with disease-modifying properties as well as better safety and efficacy profile. Approval of LUCENTIS (ranibizumab), Macugen (pegaptanib), Arxxant (ruboxistaurin) and Nevanac (nepafenac) is expected to drive the future market.
ScopeThe report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the DR therapeutics market. Its Scope includes -
- Annualized seven key markets (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan) DR therapeutics market revenues data from 2005 to 2010, forecast for seven years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends by seven key markets. Pipeline candidates fall under major protein kinase inhibitors, VEGF inhibitors, Prostaglandin H synthase (cyclooxygenase) inhibitors, Angiopoietin/Tie-2 antagonist, Immunomodulators.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the seven key countries DR therapeutics market. Key market players covered are Eli-Lilly, Roche, Pfizer Inc., Alcon/Novarits and Vitreoretinal Technologies.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the DR therapeutics market.
- Analysis of key recent licensing and partnership agreements in DR therapeutics market.
Reasons to buyThe report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global DR therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global DR therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What's the next big thing in the global DR therapeutics market landscape? – Identify, understand and capitalize
To order this report:: Diabetic Retinopathy Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved