BASKING RIDGE, N.J., July 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Regado Biosciences, Inc., a privately held company leading the development of antithrombotic therapeutic aptamers with active control agents, today announced the expansion of its Medical Advisory Board (MAB). Three new members (Dr. John Eikelboom of Canada, Dr. Philippe Menasche of France and Dr. Lars Wallentin of Sweden) join the original members bringing the current size of the MAB to twelve. Regado's MAB comprises leaders in the fields of cardiology, thrombosis/coagulation and cardiovascular surgery who advise the Company on its clinical programs and provide strategic guidance to support the eventual commercialization of Regado's products, in particular, the Company's leading product candidate, the REG1 anticoagulation system.
Robert A. Harrington, M.D., Chairman of Regado's Medical Advisory Board, stated, "The addition of Drs. Eikelboom, Menasche and Wallentin brings increased expertise and further diversification to the experience and perspective of an already prominent group of physicians. This expanded board will play an important role in the global development of Regado's overall aptamer/reversal agent antithrombotic technology platform, including the REG1 anticoagulant system as it enters phase 2b with the RADAR trial."
Steven L. Zelenkofske, D.O., F.A.C.C., Chief Medical Officer of Regado, said, "We are very pleased to welcome the new members to our Medical Advisory Board and look forward to the knowledge, guidance and creativity that they will contribute to our development programs." David J. Mazzo, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of Regado, added, "The addition of these three new members reinforces the leadership position of Regado in the field of antithrombotic aptamers with specific, active control agents. Our Medical Advisory Board continues to be a key asset in the achievement of Regado's strategic imperatives."
Regado's Medical Advisory Board comprises the following members:
- Robert A. Harrington, MD, (Chairman of the Medical Advisory Board), Professor of Medicine and Director, Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- Paul W. Armstrong, MD, Professor of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and Director of the Canadian VIGOUR Centre (Virtual Coordinating Centre for Global Collaborative Cardiovascular Research)
- Richard C. Becker, MD, Professor of Medicine and Director of the Cardiovascular Thrombosis Center, Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- Robert M. Califf, MD, (Special Advisor to Regado Biosciences, Inc. and ex officio member of the Medical Advisory Board), Vice Chancellor for Clinical Research and Professor of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Duke University Medical Center and Director, Duke Translational Medicine Institute, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- John Eikelboom, MBBS, Associate Professor, McMaster University and Haematologist, Hamilton General Hospital, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Michael Gibson, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine and Chief, Clinical Research, Cardiovascular Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts
- Neal S. Kleiman, MD, Medical Director, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories, The Methodist DeBakey Heart Center, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas and Professor of Medicine, Weill Medical College, Cornell University
- A. Michael Lincoff, MD, Director, Cleveland Clinic Coordinating Center for Clinical Research (C5Research); Director, Center for Clinical Research and Vice Chairman, Lerner Research Institute and Vice Chairman, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
- Roxana Mehran, MD, Joint Chief Scientific Officer, Clinical Trial Center, Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, New York and Associate Professor of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, Columbia University, New York, New York
- Philippe Menasche, MD, PhD, Professor of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Paris Descartes and Chief of the Cardiac Surgery Unit, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
- Lars Wallentin, MD, PhD, Professor of Cardiology, Uppsala Clinical Research Centre, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
- Harvey White, DSc, Honorary Clinical Professor of Medicine, University of Auckland and Director of Coronary Care and Green Lane Cardiovascular Research Unit, Auckland City Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
About Regado Biosciences, Inc.
Regado Biosciences is pioneering a new therapeutic technology with the creation and development of two-component drug systems. Each system comprises a nuclease-stabilized RNA aptamer that can be controlled directly by its specific and complementary oligonucleotide active control agent. This technology is being applied to injectable antithrombotics, including anticoagulants and antiplatelet agents, a multi-billion dollar market in need of therapeutics with improved safety profiles and a greater degree of therapeutic control. Regado's technology is designed to give physicians the ability to actively and directly control each system's therapeutic effect providing a safe and unique approach to personalized medicine.
Regado's lead program, the anticoagulant system REG1, consists of two parenteral agents, the first being a potent and highly selective Factor IXa inhibitor (RB006) and the second being its complementary active control agent (RB007). RB007 can be used to completely or partially reverse the anticoagulant effect of RB006. Regado recently completed a phase 2a study of REG1 in percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) and will initiate a rigorous phase 2b program in 3Q09 in patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome undergoing PCI (the RADAR trial).
More information can be found at http://www.regadobio.com
Related biology technology :1
|SOURCE Regado Biosciences, Inc.|
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. Regado Biosciences Establishes Medical Advisory Board2
. Dr. Steven L. Zelenkofske Joins Regado Biosciences as Senior Vice President, Clinical and Medical Affairs and Chief Medical Officer3
. Regado Biosciences To Present at the 27th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference4
. Ellen McDonald Joins Regado Biosciences as Senior Vice President of Business Operations and Chief Business Officer5
. Regado Biosciences to Present at the Piper Jaffray Health Care Conference on Tuesday, December 2, 20086
. David J. Mazzo, Ph.D., Joins Regado Biosciences as President and CEO7
. Regado Biosciences REG1 Anticoagulation System Study Results Published in the Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis8
. YM BIOSCIENCES SUBSIDIARY RESOLVES PROPOSED ARBITRATION WITH ONCOSCIENCE AG9
. YM BIOSCIENCES REPORTS DAIICHI-SANKYO ENROLLS FIRST PATIENTS IN PHASE II, FIRST-LINE LUNG CANCER TRIAL WITH NIMOTUZUMAB10
. Neurocrine Biosciences to Present at the 8th Annual Needham Life Sciences Conference11
. Sangamo BioSciences Announces Presentation at the Needham Life Sciences Conference