BASKING RIDGE, N.J., June 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Regado Biosciences, Inc., a privately held company leading the development of antithrombotic therapeutic aptamers with active control agents, today announced the establishment of its Medical Advisory Board (MAB). Regado's MAB is comprised of leaders in the fields of cardiology, thrombosis and coagulation, and cardiovascular surgery. These highly regarded leaders will advise the Company on its clinical programs and provide strategic guidance to support the eventual commercialization of Regado's products, in particular, the Company's leading product candidate, the REG1 anticoagulation system.
David J. Mazzo, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of Regado, stated, "We are delighted to announce the formation of our MAB and look forward to the knowledge, guidance and creativity that they will bring to our development programs. We expect that our Medical Advisory Board will be instrumental in the achievement of Regado's strategic imperatives and considered ourselves privileged to welcome this extremely accomplished group of physicians to our company."
Robert Harrington, MD, Director of the Duke Clinical Research Institute and Chairman of Regado's Medical Advisory Board, added, "This advisory board comprises talented, respected and objective physician-investigators. Their expertise, judgment and clinical experience will be important to the continued development of the REG1 anticoagulation system and to Regado technology in general. I am honored to chair this renowned group."
Regado's Medical Advisory Board is comprised of the following members:
- Robert A. Harrington, MD, (Chairman of the Medical Advisory Board), Professor of Medicine and Director, Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- Paul W. Armstrong, MD, Professor of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and Director of the Canadian VIGOUR Centre (Virtual Coordinating Centre for Global Collaborative Cardiovascular Research)
- Richard C. Becker, MD, Professor of Medicine and Director of the Cardiovascular Thrombosis Center, Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- Robert M. Califf, MD, (Special Advisor to Regado Biosciences, Inc. and ex officio member of the Medical Advisory Board), Vice Chancellor for Clinical Research and Professor of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Duke University Medical Center and Director, Duke Translational Medicine Institute, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- Michael Gibson, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine and Chief, Clinical Research, Cardiovascular Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts
- Neal S. Kleiman, MD, Medical Director, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories, The Methodist DeBakey Heart Center, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas and Professor of Medicine, Weill Medical College, Cornell University
- A. Michael Lincoff, MD, Director, Cleveland Clinic Coordinating Center for Clinical Research (C5Research); Director, Center for Clinical Research and Vice Chairman, Lerner Research Institute and Vice Chairman, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
- Roxana Mehran, MD, Joint Chief Scientific Officer, Clinical Trial Center, Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, New York and Associate Professor of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, Columbia University, New York, New York
- Harvey White, DSc, Honorary Clinical Professor of Medicine, University of Auckland and Director of Coronary Care and Green Lane Cardiovascular Research Unit, Auckland City Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
About Regado Biosciences, Inc.
Regado Biosciences is pioneering a new therapeutic technology with the creation and development of two-component drug systems. Each system is comprised of a nuclease-stabilized RNA aptamer therapeutic that can be controlled directly by its specific and complementary oligonucleotide active control agent. This technology is being applied initially to acute care injectable antithrombotics, a multi-billion dollar market in need of therapeutics with improved safety profiles and a greater degree of therapeutic control. Regado's technology is designed to give physicians the ability to actively and directly control each system's therapeutic effect providing a safe and unique approach to personalized medicine.
Regado's lead program, REG1, is comprised of two parenteral agents, the first being a potent and highly selective Factor IXa inhibitor (RB006) and the second being its complementary active control agent (RB007). RB007 can be used to completely or partially reverse the anticoagulant effect of RB006. Regado recently completed a phase 2a study of REG1 in percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) and is planning the initiation of a rigorous phase 2b program in this same indication in 3Q2009.
More information can be found at http://www.regadobio.com
Related biology technology :1
|SOURCE Regado Biosciences, Inc.|
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. Regado Biosciences REG1 Anticoagulation System Study Results Published in the Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis2
. David J. Mazzo, Ph.D., Joins Regado Biosciences as President and CEO3
. Regado Biosciences to Present at the Piper Jaffray Health Care Conference on Tuesday, December 2, 20084
. Ellen McDonald Joins Regado Biosciences as Senior Vice President of Business Operations and Chief Business Officer5
. Regado Biosciences To Present at the 27th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference6
. Dr. Steven L. Zelenkofske Joins Regado Biosciences as Senior Vice President, Clinical and Medical Affairs and Chief Medical Officer7
. YM BIOSCIENCES ANNOUNCES COMPLIANCE WITH AIM RULE 268
. Selection of Development Candidate Triggers $0.5 Million Milestone Payment to Ardea Biosciences, Inc.9
. ImmuneRegen BioSciences Files 8-K that Highlights Enclosed Shareholder Letter Discussing Recent Achievements and Outlook10
. ONCOSCIENCE AG, THE EUROPEAN PARTNER OF YM BIOSCIENCES, ANNOUNCES COMPLETION OF PATIENT ENROLLMENT IN PHASE III BRAIN CANCER TRIAL OF NIMOTUZUMAB11
. Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Second Quarter 2007 Financial Results and Provides Business Update