- Shipment of prion capture resin to MacoPharma in Q1 2008; - MacoPharma increased its forecast for P-Capt(R) filters sale in 2008; - Use of affinity prion adsorbent for plasma-derived products to generate
in excess of $25 M over the next 5 years
- $4 M in 2008; - 10th product approved by the FDA and or the EMEA, contributing to revenue
MONTREAL, Feb. 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. (TSX:PLI) ("ProMetic") today provided an update on its business activities.
"Key milestones were achieved in January, a prelude to the announced
growth for 2008 and beyond," stated Pierre Laurin, ProMetic's President and
Chief Executive Officer. "With our Protein Technologies Business expected
to be EBITDA positive this year, and to generate an EBITDA in excess of $15
M in 2009, as well as a partnering of PBI-1402 in 2008, we clearly are on
track to deliver value to our shareholders," added Mr. Laurin.
- ProMetic to ship prion capture resin in Q1 2008 for incorporation into
the P-Capt(R) filter. This is in response to MacoPharma's increased
product requirements to meet the expected sales of the P-Capt(R) filter
to Ireland and the UK in 2008. This favorably impacts ProMetic revenue
as of the first half of 2008.
- ProMetic confirmed the decision of a major European plasma fractionator
to scale-up the prion removal process. This process ensures the removal
of any abnormal prion proteins that may be present in donated plasma
and will add another level of safety to the already established
- Expected completion of the scale-up phase is June 2008, providing
ProMetic approximately $1 M;
- Including Kedrion, this will signify two major European plasma
fractionators using the prion reduction resin at scal
|SOURCE PROMETIC LIFE SCIENCES INC.|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved