"We are thankful to the organizers at Biocom who have chosen our company, amongst numerous others, to present at this international symposium of biotechnology companies, investors, and clinical researchers," said Mr. Chen. "In contrast to conferences in previous years, there is an increase in the number of cancer immunotherapy companies presenting. This trend reflects the excitement we observe in the industry where new methods are being tried to fight cancer."
PrimeVax takes a unique approach to treating cancer by combining virus-induced immune stimulation and dendritic cell therapy. A description of the PrimeVax approach was recently published in the peer-reviewed literature by the company management1.
"With the clinical implementation of various immunotherapeutic strategies, it is becoming more and more apparent that we need to activate multiple arms of the immune system at the same time," said Santosh Kesari, MD, PhD, Scientific Co-Founder of PrimeVax and Chair of Neurosciences and Neurotherapeutics at the John Wayne Cancer Institute and Pacific Neuroscience Institute. "We are very excited about the progress that Mr. Chen has made in advancing this technology, and I look forward to helping patients suffering from deadly cancers such as melanoma and glioblastoma."
PrimeVax Immuno-Oncology, Inc. is focused on development of personalized immunotherapy by leveraging its PV-001 platform. The platform enables PrimeVax to develop a 1 time 1 week cancer treatment schedule for many cancer types agnostic of tumor mutation characteristics. PV-001 leverages the body's innate and adaptive immune responses simultaneously to trigger activation of T cells, NK cells, and other immunotherapeutic effects. The Company was founded in 2015 and will engage in human clinical trials in 2017. Initial indications to be targeted are metastatic melanoma, triple negative breast cancer, and glioblastoma.
PrimeVax Immuno-Oncology, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/primevax-immuno-oncology-to-present-at-biocom-global-life-science-partnering-conference-300411608.html
|SOURCE PrimeVax Immuno-Oncology, Inc.|
Copyright©2017 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. OncoSec to Present New Clinical Data from Phase 2 Combination Study at ASCO-SITC Clinical Immuno-Oncology Symposium and Corporate Updates at Two Investment Conferences in February
2. Applied BioMath, LLC presents work in immuno-oncology and antibody drug-conjugates at Keystone Symposium
3. Genedata Partners with Crescendo Biologics on Next-generation Immuno-oncology and ADC Programs
4. Eutilex Completes $18 Million Series A Financing to Advance Immuno-Oncology Programs
5. Immuno-Oncology: A 360° View in NYC this February
6. F-star Selects Genedata Biologics for Immuno-Oncology Therapeutics Discovery
7. PharmaVentures Advises 3Legs Resources on its Acquisition of the Immuno-Oncology Company SalvaRx Who Announced its Admission for Trading on AIM Today
8. HUYA Bioscience International Acquires Exclusive Rights to Immuno-Oncology Products from Fudan University
9. Immune Pharmaceuticals Announces 2016 Immuno-Oncology Plan
10. F-star Enters Into Collaborative Discovery & Development Agreement With AbbVie for Bispecific Antibodies in Immuno-oncology
11. Infinity to Provide Update on Duvelisib and Immuno-Oncology Development Candidate IPI-549 During 2015 Research and Development Day