Boost in the use of biologics and other potent injectable drugs, technical advances in prefilled syringe manufacturing and packaging, rising demand for self-administration and increasing elderly population suffering from various chronic diseases that require frequent parenteral dosing are some major drivers anticipated totrigger market growth during the forecast period. On the other hand, burgeoning concerns regarding needlestick safety and prevention, rising manufacturing costs and issues with drug stability are some of the challenges likely to affect the growth of the global prefilled syringes market.
Geographically, Europe constituted the largest market share for prefilled syringes in 2012, owing to the high adoption rate of these delivery devices in the region. However, the North American market is predicted to grow at a higher CAGR (15%) than Europe during the forecast period to reach a value similar to that of the European market. Major drivers expected to contribute to this market growth include increasing awareness regarding benefits of prefilled syringes and presence of a large number of biopharmaceuticals under clinical development targeted for parenteral administration. In addition, the high growth economies of emerging nations such as India, China, Brazil, Russia and Mexico'/>"/>
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. MarketsandMarkets: Lung Cancer Drugs Market in G7 Countries Worth $13 Billion by 2020
2. Sequenom Announces Participation at the Lazard Capital Markets 8th Annual Healthcare Conference
3. Organovo to Present at Lazard Capital Markets 8th Annual Healthcare Conference
4. Pharmasset to Present at the Lazard Capital Markets Healthcare Conference
5. MarketsandMarkets: Global Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market worth $6,457 Million by 2020
6. MarketsandMarkets: Leukemia Therapeutics Market Worth $11.3 Billion by 2020
7. ResearchMoz: Ophthalmic Devices Market to 2017 - Glaucoma and Cataract Surgery Devices, Minimally Invasive Procedures in Ophthalmic Surgery to Drive the Ophthalmic Surgery Market
8. GeneLink Marketing Efforts Poised to Show Results
9. Animal Biotechnology - Technologies, Markets and Companies
10. Gene Therapy - Technologies, Markets and Companies
11. Biomarkers - Technologies, Markets and Companies