Oversold, Undervalued, and Poised for a Short Squeeze, Poniard Pharmaceuticals announced on January 7th, the upcoming release of new data from two phase II clinical cancer trials and multiple presentations at upcoming conferences. With an approximate 25% short position in Poniard Pharmaceuticals, the TapeBeat.Com community expects that a ‘perfect storm’ for a massive short squeeze could be brewing as other goals for the company are met.
(PRWEB) January 14, 2010 -- TapeBeat.Com, the community portal for the serious biotech investor has posted research on Poniard Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharma company focused on the development and commercialization of oncology products. In recent months, the stock went down almost 70% from its high of over $9 to under $2. Recent activity on Poniard Pharmaceuticals, Inc. noticed by the TapeBeat.Com community is suggesting that the downtrend may have ended and the stock poised to rally. Savy investors seem to see a tremendous value in PARD with both concrete plans and the cash to achieve them. A 'short squeeze’ could set up around these date certain news events in January, March and June. For the full article visit TapeBeat.Com to get more details on the company's solid financial cash position, promising events in the near future, the science of the drug candidate. it’s uses, as well as a technical analysis of the stocks price movements.
1. PARD will present additional data from their Phase 2 trial using picoplatin in colorectal cancer (CRC) on January 24, 2010 at the ASCO 2010 Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium in Orlando, Fla.
2. PARD will present data from their Phase 2 trial using picoplatin in prostate cancer on March 5th, 2010.
3. Submit SPEAR efficacy and safety data for the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 2010 Annual Meeting taking place June 4-8, 2010 in Chicago.
4. A massive short covering rally (with a current 20% - 25% short interest) may trigger caused by upward momentum from investors.
5. Talks with the FDA for a path forward for picoplatin in small cell lung cancer (SCLC) in the first half of this year.
6. More updates from trial of an oral formulation of picoplatin, which were presented in 2009, may also occur during this time.
7. PARD fundamentals: Picoplatin avoids many of the toxicities of the widely used platinum drugs, which represent an almost $4 billion market in the US. PARD currently has about $40 million in cash to continue to develop picoplatin and break into this large market.
8. Technical rally: Technical indicators show that PARD may be oversold (note again the large short position), with a strong trend of accumulation and a bullish moving average crossover imminent.
With data from approximately 1,100 patients treated with picoplatin in lung, colorectal, prostate and ovarian cancers, there is a lot of data available to suggest the likelihood of its success in clinical trials.
Coauthor Mr. V. NUKALA: Long PARD
TapeBeat.Com is a collective of investors that combine our knowledge and abilities and present information for educational purposes. We invite you to join us. In an independent verification provided by Covestor.com, of over 30,000 private and institutional investors and securities dealers the TapeBeat portfolio has had one the HIGHEST annualized rate of return. TapeBeat.Com is not a registered financial advisor, nor a registered broker and this is not a recommendation. Any information disseminated by TapeBeat.Com is not deemed fully current or accurate, and is thus not intended to form the complete basis of any investment decision. You should always perform your own research and consult with your financial advisor before making any investment discussed. This information is not made on behalf of, or with the knowledge of the company discussed, unless specifically stated. By looking at information from TapeBeat.Com, you are agreeing to our disclaimer.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010PoniardPharmaceutical/01PARD/prweb3443814.htm.
Copyright©2010 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved