ANNAPOLIS, Md., May 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- PharmAthene, Inc. (NYSE Amex: PIP), a biodefense company developing medical countermeasures against biological and chemical threats, today announced that the Company's Interim CEO, Eric I. Richman, will be participating on a special biosecurity panel presentation promoting the critical interrelationship between government, academia and industry in the development of medical countermeasures vital to our nation's biosecurity.
The panel presentation, entitled "Public Private Partnerships for State-of-the-Art Countermeasures" will be held at 4:00 pm EDT on Wednesday, May 5, 2010, as part of the inaugural 2010 Biosecurity Conference, co-located with the 2010 BIO International Conference, May 3-6, 2010, McCormick Place, Chicago, IL.
Officials in the biodefense industry note that increasing our nation's capability to rapidly and effectively develop and produce new and better medical countermeasures might not simply prevent casualties, but reduce the likelihood of such an attack. Panelists, which include senior government officials and leading industry representatives will assess the process for the creation of these countermeasures and analyze the successes and challenges in their development through case studies and discussion, with the goal of enhancing our biodefense readiness and strategic national arsenal.
About PharmAthene, Inc.
PharmAthene was formed to meet the critical needs of the United States<
SOURCE PharmAthene, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. PharmAthene Appoints Mitchel Sayare, Ph.D. to the Companys Board of Directors
2. PharmAthene Reports Year-End 2009 Financial and Operational Results and Provides Update On Ongoing Litigation With SIGA Technologies
3. PharmAthene to Provide Update on SparVax(TM) Contract Modification Suspension During Year-End 2009 Financial and Operational Results Conference Call on Tuesday March 23, 2010
4. PharmAthene to Host Year-End 2009 Earnings Conference Call and Webcast on Tuesday, March 23, 2010
5. PharmAthene to Present at the 2010 Roth Capital Markets Growth Stock Conference on Monday, March 15, 2010
6. PharmAthene Submits White Paper to BARDA for Advanced Development Funding for SparVax(TM) - Novel Recombinant Protective Antigen Anthrax Vaccine
7. PharmAthene Appoints Jeffrey W. Runge, M.D. to the Companys Board of Directors
8. PharmAthene Announces Updated Time for Conference Call to Review BARDA rPA Decision
9. PharmAthene Reports Third Quarter 2009 Financial and Operational Results
10. PharmAthene Executives Featured in Anthrax Pathogen Training Video for U.S. Department of Homeland Security
11. PharmAthene Presents Data for Valortim(R) Anthrax Anti-Toxin and Third Generation rPA Anthrax Vaccine Programs at the Bacillus - ACT 2009 Conference