SAN DIEGO, Calif. and OXFORD, England, April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Glide Pharma® today announced the award of a sub-contract from Pfenex Inc. to develop a solid formulation containing the recombinant Protective Antigen (rPA) from Bacillus anthracis expressed in Pfenex Expression Technology™ suitable for delivery with the Glide SDI® (solid dose injector). This approach will address two important logistical constraints of the currently available vaccine, namely, long term stability during storage and ease of administration.
The Pfenex project has been funded in whole with Federal funds from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, under Contract No. HHSN272201200033C.
Under an existing Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) contract, Pfenex has successfully developed a novel rPA that is highly immunogenic and protective in animal studies, with a scalable production process and robust yields.
"Glide Pharma is pleased to be working with Pfenex on this contract from NIAID. We believe that a combination of Pfenex's proprietary rPA-based anthrax vaccine and Glide Pharma's novel formulations and delivery technology will provide a product suitable in response to an anthrax biothreat," stated Dr Mark Carnegie-Brown , CEO, Glide Pharma.
"We are pleased to award this sub-contract to Glide Pharma. Their novel formulation and delivery technology allows us to expand our anthrax vaccine program," stated Bertrand C. Liang , CEO, Pfenex. "Leveraging the Glide SDI® technology to develop an alternative delivery method of the Pfenex anthrax vaccine further supports our efforts to provide a safe, feasible and cost-effective solution to the United Stat
SOURCE Pfenex Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Nominierungen für BRAVE Awards werden ab jetzt entgegengenommen
2. BRAVE Awards Now Accepting Nominations
3. Bio-IT World Announces Best of Show Awards Finalists for the Bio-IT World Conference & Expo
4. Elsevier and the Belarus Ministry of Education Honor Researchers with Scopus Awards
5. American Federation for Aging Research Announces Recipients of Irving S. Wright and Vincent Cristofalo Scientific Awards
6. US Radiopharmaceuticals (USR) Awards Contract to Von Gahlen International for New Technetium-99m Generator Production Line Using Low Enriched Uranium Molybdenum-99
7. USP Global Fellowship Awards Program Call for Applications
8. 2012-2013 Michael E. DeBakey Journalism Awards Call for Entries
9. Indigo Biosystems Nominated for Two TechPoint Mira Awards for Technology Excellence and Innovation
10. TriLink BioTechnologies Awards Keck Science Department ResearchReward
11. Young Pathologists Receive Awards for Research