WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., Sept. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Parthenon Associates, LLC ("Parthenon" www.parthenonassociates.com), a Financial Consulting firm that provides research and strategic advisory services to Life Sciences, Biotechnology, and Development-Stage Technology companies, has released its report on Targeted Payload Cancer Therapeutics (TPCTs). The report examines the promise of TPCTs, drugs that combine precision cancer-targeting agents with toxins or radioisotopes, to create powerful and safe treatments for many forms of cancer with a $15 billion market potential. An in-depth analysis of the dynamic cancer market, cancer treatment, TPCT development, TPCT economic and reimbursement issues, as well as an examination of companies developing these novel drugs are included.
- Targeted Payload Cancer Therapeutics recently hit three milestones, rekindling excitement among investors about their marketplace viability, including FDA approval of a TPCT drug and promising results in Phase III trials of two different products.
- There is a small but growing pipeline of promising TPCTs in earlier phases of clinical testing. These products are positioned as first line treatments for indications with significant unmet medical needs.
- Next generation TPCTs are expected to be priced at a premium based on the cost of alternative treatments, survival benefits, and the economic/reimbursement environment. Product case studies suggest potential prices ranging from $60,000 to more than $100,000 per treatment.
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is poised to attain a leadership position in the development TPCTs that combine radioisotope payloads with monoclonal antibody targeting agents. The company has two lead products already tested in about 300 patients with Phase I and II clinical trials underway: Iomab-B for preparing difficult-to-treat cancer patients for hematopoietic stem cell transplant and Actimab-A for the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) in the elderly.
- Actinium's Alpha Particle Immunotherapy Platform (APIT) uses more powerful, safer radiation than in current TPCT products and has broad applications for the treatment of many cancers.
About the authors
The 100+ page report was compiled over several months by a team with extensive and varied experience in healthcare. Key members are:
- Robert LeBoyer, Founder of Parthenon Associates, is a veteran Healthcare Equity Research Analyst.
- Philip Cohen is an Industry Consultant and Science Journalist with 20 years of expertise covering medicine and biotechnology.
About our services
Parthenon Associates provides research and strategic advisory services to companies in the Life Sciences, Biotechnology, and Development-Stage Technology industries. Parthenon's Corporate Services include advising companies on product development acquisitions and product licensing, investor relations, and capital markets issues.
Robert LeBoyer, Principal. T: (914) 594-4931. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related biology technology :1
|SOURCE Parthenon Associates, LLC|
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) - Emerging Countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China) Opportunity Assessment, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 20182
. QIAGEN Acquires AmniSure International to Add Unique Assay to Emerging Point of Need Portfolio3
. PAREXEL Introduces Executive Briefing Series on Proven Practices to Assist Emerging and Mid-size Biopharma in Achieving Better Outcomes4
. Synthetic Biology: Emerging Global Markets5
. Emerging Lymphoma and Myeloma Treatments Focus on Improving Individual Patient Response6
. All Market Research New Report @ The Worldwide Industry & Regional Market Opportunities With Forecasts to 2016 for Amplifiers and Integrated Microwave Assemblies. (Code name: AIMAs)7
. Its Indiana State Fair Season: New BioCrossroads Report Emphasizes Opportunities in Food and Agriculture Innovation8
. Medtech Expands Nursing Education Opportunities In Florida9
. 2012 US Coagulation Market Outlook: Growth Opportunities and Strategies10
. Healthcare Cloud Computing (Clinical, EMR, SaaS, Private, Public, Hybrid) Market - Global Trends, Challenges, Opportunities & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)11
. Access BridgeGap Ventures to Focus on Early-Stage Therapeutic Opportunities