Total general and administrative expenses from continuing operations in 2009 were $21.1 million, compared with $51.5 million in 2008. For the fourth quarter of 2009, general and administrative expenses from continuing operations were $5.5 million, compared with $15.9 million for the same period of 2008. The decrease was primarily driven by the Company's reduced cost structure. Significant expense items in 2009 were legal fees of $10.9 million, compensation and benefits of $3.4 million, professional service fees of $2.4 million and non-cash compensation and depreciation costs of $1.8 million.
Net income in 2009 was $189.7 million, or $1.07 per diluted share, compared with net income of $68.4 million in 2008, or $0.47 per diluted share. Net income for the fourth quarter of 2009 was $28.6 million, or $0.17 per diluted share, compared with net income of $40.6 million, or $0.26 per diluted share, for the same period in 2008.
Net cash provided by operating activities was $187.0 million in 2009, compared with $80.1 mi
SOURCE PDL BioPharma, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. ClearTrial Launches New Service to Bring Speed and Accuracy in Clinical Trial Planning Within Reach of Smaller Biopharma Companies
2. Indiana Biopharmaceutical Service Providers Maintain Steady Growth Despite Industry Challenges
3. SynCo Bio Partners Signs New Manufacturing Agreements to Supply the US Market; Securing its Position as a Market Leader in Microbial Biopharmaceutical Contract Production
4. ClearTrial to Demonstrate Dramatic Gains in Clinical Outsourcing Efficiency Achieved by Biopharmaceutical Companies at European Outsourcing Event
5. Sinobiopharma Announces Second Quarter 2010 Financial Results
6. Microbix And Therapure Biopharma Form Partnership To Expand Water-Based Supplies To The Pharma Industry
7. YM BioSciences Inc. and Therapure Biopharma Inc. Announce Contract
8. Array BioPharma and Amgen Partner in Type 2 Diabetes
9. PDL BioPharma Provides Fourth Quarter 2009 Revenue Guidance of Approximately $57 Million
10. PDL BioPharma Announces Ex-Dividend Date of November 27 for Special Dividend
11. PDL BioPharma Announces Special Dividend Payment